http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez/jem~uv_series/1154
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez/jem~uv_series/67254

I'm saving for a guitar that'll last me, i was thinking one of these three

But I'm not sure which

The RG is pretty much perfect
The white Jem is pretty much perfect
The rock mirror Jem is bass wood, and i prefer alder or mahogany

Unless there is a good reason to get it the rock mirror is out

but the other two, i am unsure, there is one ver slight put off on the JEM though, and that is, its a signature model, and i'm unsure on buying a sig

any suggestions?
if i had the money id go for the white jem cause the pickups are better butthats just personal preference
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Personally, i hate the jem. it looks so tacky with that handle in it
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
I would get the RG i think its the best choice I don't like the cut in on the jems and I'm not a fan of sigs at all. But what kind of music do you play? if I got this money I would go for an esp or jackson...
I wouldn't go with either....

Ibanez makes great guitars anywhere past there 5xx models...if you get a 520, 570, or anything higher, all the RG's are basically identical in build quality, minus the cosmetics.

That being said, I would personally look into a 1570, or 570, or if you want a mahogany body, a 520, and upgrade the pups. You will have a much better sounding guitar.

Just my opinion. I don't find the high end RGs to be worth the money, as they are all basically identical.
yer that's a pretty penny your spending, your moving into custom guitar territory and indeed brandame territory like the ESP's, Gibson's etc. Ibanez's are praised for their midrange guitars, but if you're going high range then there are alternatives. that said a lot of greats play high end ibanez's so they're not that bad, just widen your brand search in that price range.
Marty
to answer the question, i play everything

Metal, shred, blues and punk/ska mainly (more ska than punk)
but i also play, classical, jazz, all round rock etc

I'm not too much a fan of the handle but i still think the rest looks amazing, but yeah i get your point, and i cant find any ESPs or Jackosns that suit the HSH good trem fast neck and mahogany or alder body specs
Quote by Punk_Ninja

I'm not too much a fan of the handle but i still think the rest looks amazing, but yeah i get your point, and i cant find any ESPs or Jackosns that suit the HSH good trem fast neck and mahogany or alder body specs

sounds like you need a high end strat to me. alder body, suits almost all genres (except metal, granted, but a HSS 4tw?), and looks far more classy than those jems or RG's...
If you weren't so put off by basswood, you could be getting significantly better value from any RG5xx/7xx or modern Prestige RG. As was mentioned above, the gap between Fujigen RGs is mostly in the cosmetics, not quality.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
and basswoods a really great compromise between alder and mahogany, although you may have to look after it a bit more. well my mahog guitar hasd so many dents in it that i've stopped worrying about it and just think of them as cool, and an addition to character.
Marty
Quote by Punk_Ninja

like i said ESP M-III though its a bolt on so i wont know how you feel about it