Ive ran a search, but can't find what im looking for.

I need a fairly popular song, where the first 2 notes of the song are an ascending major seventh interval. Anyone know one?

Cheers for any help.
Gear:
LTD EC-50 w/ EMG HZ H4's
Maverick F-3
Digitech Metal Master
Boss CE-5
Marshall MG10CD
Second and third notes of Joe Henderson's "Serenity"

Credit to Mark Levine's Jazz Theory Book. I looked it up for you in there
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Theme from Fantasy Island (whatever that is)

Gonna be hard with major 7th because of the location to the octave, can you go with minor 7th? You'lll get a lot more songs.
i was trying to find examples of all the intervals and this is the only one i dont have one for either............
If it smells OK, taste it.
Try Dark Side of the Moon, its Gmaj7 and Dmaj7 for the first two notes, it changes later on, u could always learn them and make ur own song
Quote by steamin'
Ive ran a search, but can't find what im looking for.

I need a fairly popular song, where the first 2 notes of the song are an ascending major seventh interval. Anyone know one?

Cheers for any help.
This is a tough one. In the AFSOM they taught this interval in ear training class using the first and third tones of Led Zeppelin's The Immigrant Song. The first two tones form an octave, but the riff jumps immediately from the second to the third tone, a M7 above the first tone, and holds it for a full four beats. As an added bonus, at the end of the hook when the third tone returns to the octave, you hear a beautiful m2, an interval twofer courtesy of the Zep.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.