I am going to get a new Electric soon....which would you guys reccomend? A Fender 60th Anniversary Strat or a Paul Reed Smith SE Custom?.....thanks guys
Fender FenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFenderFender

I'd go with the Fender
Prs
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
it depends on what your looking for, if your ever going to have mid to heavy distortion the fender will probably sound like ****.....in my opinion get the prs, i have one and its so versatile. everytime somebody else plays it theyre like holy **** cause its so smooth and easy to play.
Quote by TCkarlos

You said it Brudda'

but seriously, fenders = everything

you could play that james c**t crap then go straight to heavy metal within a second on a fender
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Fender, especially if you're on about the american made

American made? Dude, the PRS factory is in Maryland I believe. Did I read you wrong? Alright, due to pure bad-assness of the PRS line compared to the slightly more thick bodied and plan design Fender (haha... this is war), I'd say go for the sweet sounding, awesome looking PRS. WoRd....
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by guitarrocka205
American made? Dude, the PRS factory is in Maryland I believe. Did I read you wrong? Alright, due to pure bad-assness of the PRS line compared to the slightly more thick bodied and plan design Fender (haha... this is war), I'd say go for the sweet sounding, awesome looking PRS. WoRd....

O,

This Is On
It is on, Fender rock, it is almost definate that there'll be a fender for every body where as all PRS guitars are the same with different inlays or pickups, still rocking guitars but fender are twice as good
Quote by TCkarlos
Threadstarter - Would you get the silver or sunburst strat?

I'm geussing he'll get the silver (mexican) cos the PRS SE is £500 and the american 60th anniversary is £900 so unless hes willing to pay that much of a gap then it'll be mexi
I own an American Standard Stratocaster and a Korean-made PRS Soapbar II SE.

PRS necks are a love-hate kind of thing. You either love them or hate them. I like necks on guitars to either be thick or wide, so I like the neck on my PRS over the neck on my Strat. The Strat neck is very comfortable, though. The PRS SE I own is very light with a nice resonant tone. The Strat, naturally, is a bit heavier with a bright tone. The soapbars on my SE are good stock pickups - warm cleans, very good distortion. The pickups on my American Standard were bland at best - nice cleans, stereotypical Strat distortion, but no flavor, no vibe. The nice thing about Strats, though, is that they're easily customizable. I've also heard bad things about the stock humbuckers on the PRS SE guitars. Out of the choices, though, I'd get neither and get a MIM Tele
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Sep 28, 2006,
Great Reviews Dirk.

However I think his price is more in PRS SE and Fender MIM territory. The reviews might be the same but I don't know.

At the same pricepoint - $300 to $500 depending on where he's buying, either guitar is very decent. I have a Fender Deluxe Player and it plays and sounds as good or better than any MIA I've had. I also have the SE EG which is a cool guitar. And I like the Santana SE model. Buckers with a trem. Really depends on the tone and feel he's looking for.

If you can test them out, by all means play them both. If not, I tend to lean towards a Strat for the beautiful cleans and versatility, while understanding that a fuller tone might be had with the custom and more simplicity in maintenance as well.
Quote by Frets99
Great Reviews Dirk.

However I think his price is more in PRS SE and Fender MIM territory. The reviews might be the same but I don't know.

Yeah, I edited after seeing that... I often speak before I think.
Hi, I'm Peter
I also played an MIM Standard last night ($399) that sounded and felt outstanding.

MIMs are being made amazingly well these days with parts and woods comparable to MIA's at a much better price in my estimation.

I also played a couple of American Standards yesterday as well but the MIM stood out!
Quote by Dirk Gently
Yeah, I edited after seeing that... I often speak before I think.

The MIM tele suggestion is excellent as well.
Yeah, but with the selection of McCartys, Custom 22's, Singlecuts, Santana's, etc. don't you think PRS is at least a damn good match for Fender? Quality and sound along with that?
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by guitarrocka205
Yeah, but with the selection of McCartys, Custom 22's, Singlecuts, Santana's, etc. don't you think PRS is at least a damn good match for Fender? Quality and sound along with that?

He's talking about the SE series, so those are a bit out of his price range.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Frets99
I also played an MIM Standard last night ($399) that sounded and felt outstanding.

MIMs are being made amazingly well these days with parts and woods comparable to MIA's at a much better price in my estimation.

I also played a couple of American Standards yesterday as well but the MIM stood out!

Pretty interesting statement considering that the Standard is the name for mexican made guitars.

à threadstarter: It depends on tone you're after. Fender MIM's I would play in a store and buy the exact model you played because MIM's are hit and miss in quality. If you want that humbucker sound I guess go with PRS. I've only played higher-end PRS' though. What amp do you have? If you have a cheap amp you should definitely go new amp over new guitar.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Quote by wmzbomgzors
Pretty interesting statement considering that the Standard is the name for mexican made guitars.

Until about 2002 or so, all base American made guitars were known as American Standard, not American Series. I own a 2001 American Standard Strat, so "American Standard" is still part of the lexicon and is not a completely incorrect label. But nice try
Hi, I'm Peter
i also have the prs se soapbar II and would recommend it over a fender in a comparable price range
^ Agreed. My Soapbar II was the best $420 I've ever spent on a guitar.
Hi, I'm Peter
I decided that I am going to go with the Strat and possibly get a new Amp as well.
Fender by a lot. Fender owns your family and rules the universe.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)