i ust played some guitar sitting in a different part of the room, and the sound change completly from when i was just sitting next to it.

next to it the amp has balls and girth, whereas when my ear is at level of the speakers, it sounds thin and fizzy.

what the hell? can i fix this with simple eqing? does it do that to every amp? if not, how do i make my tone sound the same everywhere?
i think the idea is to make is sound good from ear level but listen to it from 2 o 3 of metres or so away then you can be sure it actually sounds good (especially for gigs n such)
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Speaker direction plays a big part in the sound, like if you're stood infront of the amp (speaker facing your face), it'll sound better, and if you're stood to the side of your amp it'll sound muddy and not as defined etc.

Tone doesn't stay the same everywhere because the speaker is facing a different way, making the sound bounce off places and not sound the same as the sound basically goin straight to you.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
you can't. its just the dynamics of speakers. just stand in the good spot?
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by joel_grieve
you can't. its just the dynamics of speakers. just stand in the good spot?

i meant for the listeners. i want good tone, but i want the others to hear the good tone also.
Where are the listeners >><<
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by bluespunkmetal
Where are the listeners >><<

around. they arent al where my ears are. which is why i need to remedy this
You can't just have a "magic setting." The nature of the room has a large impact on how your music is going to sound to other people.
Hi, I'm Peter
The amp won't sound the same for everyone in a big room, you'll need extra speakers for that (connect amp to a PA system with loads of speakers, thats how they do it at gigs)
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30