I'm in the process of building myself a guitar and I need a little help.

I need to replace the locking nut that came with the neck I bought. As you can see, the guy who put installed it before didn't do a very good job. It's crooked and doesn't have the locking clamps, so needless to say, it must be replaced. How would I go about installing the new nut? Should I just take it to a shop and let them deal with it?

Also, I have to refinish the headstock. It just looks like crap. What kind of finish should I use for it?

Any help is appreciated.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Whoever did the original job did one ass of a job, that's for sure. IMO, unless you know how to fit a nut properly (which you don't), it's best to let a pro take care of it.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
There are, mainly, two sizes of locking nut 1 5/8" and 1 11/16". There are also, mainly, two popular types of "Floyd" copies; they are held in place with wood screws, or the screws go through to the volute, or where the headstock meets the neck and screw into the nut.
The pictures can't tell me the size, but you've got the "screw thru the neck" kind. The pics also show a cheap looking copy. Do some research on Ebay to find the right size and type the sellers may even be able to measure and make sure your screw hole will line up properly. Ebay ROCKS for parts, but don't ever buy a whole guitar there unless you know how to fix it.
If you can't figure it out on your own, you haven't spent any money yet, and you learned a lot about guitars in the process. Now go to a pro.
Alright, I think i'll just take it to a shop and have them install the nut. The new nut is a 1 5/8" that came with an original floyd rose I bought from Ebay. He said it was a replacement part he got from stewmac.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)