Oh and is that guitar midnight wine or chrome red? Thanks in advance.
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
You can get a silver pearl pickguard like this one from warmoth. They're about 30 bucks.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Is it possible to put this on by myself or should I get it put on at a shop?
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
you can put them on yourself, screw holes should line up if they dont then drill the guitar not the pickguard and it should be on there
what u might not realize is that on a strat the pickups are screwed onto the guard.

so, remove the strings, pull off the tone and volume knobs, pull off the switch cover. unscrew the guard not the two screws on either side of the switch yet. as that holds the switch onto the guard.
lift off the guard. it will still be attached to the guitar by a few wires.

then unscrew each pickup, taking note the neck bridge and middle pickup spot, and the springs that press the pickups towards the guard.
unscrew the switch and the jack and move all that over to the new guard. screw it all onto the new guard and hopefully uve already checked that the new guard lines up correctly.

screw the guard on. switch the back plate if u want it to match, restring. ur all set.
about 20 mins.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011