Bassic Chicken
382 IQ
I've searched but i couldn't find any definitive answers, so i thought I'd ask everybody in here, What is the official Mudvayne tuning. I've read somewhere that it was (Low to High) G B F# B E, then i read somewhere else that it was C G C F. I know Ryan has used 4 and 5 strings, has he used both tunings at different times, or on certain albums.
This is a pretty simply question I just need someone who knows what they're talking about to come along and say "yes, he used ______ on ___, but changed to ____ on _____" Thanks guys
Drmckool
Self-proclaimed doctorate
2,739 IQ
isn't it Gcgcf
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
BadBishop
Bass>Guitar
1,505 IQ
Forget the tuning. How does Ryan do that Semi-Pop? I can't find anything on it, yet sources say he created that technique. Anyone know how to create that sound? It sounds badass on the LD50 recording.
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Bassic Chicken
382 IQ
Semi-pop, WTF? Can we have a bit more of a discussion on this, I'm really liking Ryan's style at the moment.

Also, the technique used in Happy, is that where he taps the strings against the fret board?
BadBishop
Bass>Guitar
1,505 IQ
Quote by Bassic Chicken
Semi-pop, WTF? Can we have a bit more of a discussion on this, I'm really liking Ryan's style at the moment.

Also, the technique used in Happy, is that where he taps the strings against the fret board?

Create a thread on him then.

Anyways, He Semi Pops here for sure http://youtube.com/watch?v=nvSGVNi1hiE and I think a couple of other songs on LD50 like http://youtube.com/watch?v=2e7M_bs9diw (not sure about Nothing to Gein if that's semi-popping or something else though.)
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.