I have been wanting lately to perform a massive 12 bar blues song that goes something like

"I've got the key, baby don't you wanna go?
before you accuse me, baby don't you wanna go?
back to that same old place, cause walkin's much too slow..."

you see, it's like a total rip off of sweet home chicago, key to the highway, and before you accuse me mixed into one... I want to hit as many different songs by as many different artists as possible but I can't think of very many (even though I hear 12 bar blues stuff all over the radio all the time)

so what is ya'lls favorite 12 bar blues song? the cheesier the better.
This should really be in the Blues anmd Jazz section.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by bigredwill
I have been wanting lately to perform a massive 12 bar blues song that goes something like

"I've got the key, baby don't you wanna go?
before you accuse me, baby don't you wanna go?
back to that same old place, cause walkin's much too slow..."

you see, it's like a total rip off of sweet home chicago, key to the highway, and before you accuse me mixed into one... I want to hit as many different songs by as many different artists as possible but I can't think of very many (even though I hear 12 bar blues stuff all over the radio all the time)

so what is ya'lls favorite 12 bar blues song? the cheesier the better.

Are you retarded? Just wondering...
I fought the law.

Now, in blues, I think that it's kinda common for songs to rip one another off a bit, but I don't know if it's this blatant. If you want to do it for fun though, and not profit, I don't see whats wrong. Regardless, this should be in the blues forum.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by SuburbanCowboy

Yeah if your doing this just for fun then theres nothing wrong with it but if you try selling it then you will be killed. As for some songs try these:

Hoochie Coochie Man
Dust My Broom
Stormy Monday
Thrill Is Gone
Killing Floor
Statesboro Blues

I dont know how many of them are strict 12-Bar blues but there lyrics are all well known so they should work.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Quote by SuburbanCowboy

Suburban Cowboy 1
Bigredwill 0