hey, just wondering if anyone can help
i was wondering if the line 6 tone port ux1
the usb recording device
can be hooked up into guitar rig by native instruments
use that instead of the line 6 gear box amp simulator,
can anyone help here??
Short answer is yes, Guitar rig can recognise many input interfaces and you dont have to use the Guitar Rig Kontrol as the interface.

However it would be a damn site simpler just to use the rig kontrol that you get when you buy Guitar Rig.
You can do that. I've used my Guitar Port as the interface for Guitar Rig and Guitar Rig 2 before. However, I don't see the point. While GR may have many more options, amp, and effects, the tones for Guitar Port / Toneport in Gearbox sound WAY better and more realistic than the GR tones.

And GR tends to have latency issues. I've heard it being used with the Rig Kontrol floorboard (which is GR's main audio interface) running on 2 high end computers - dual core 3.6 GHz computer loaded with shìtloads of RAM, and an Athlon 64 and it sucked. I've also heard it running on a Mac, and it had the same problem. It had horrible latency that would end up giving a whooshy chorus-like effect.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Prk Marshall
However it would be a damn site simpler just to use the rig kontrol that you get when you buy Guitar Rig.

My guess is that he didn't buy it.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
on the ball there crunchmeister hehe
any way, is there anything i can to to imprve the latency on it, guitar rig*
Yes you can bring down the latency of Guitar Rig so that it is no-longer a problem. THe mac issue was to do with the drivers, an update has been released to sort this.

On a PC what you need to do is increase your sample rate and lower your buffer. If you have an AISO sound card then you should have the options available within guitar rig.

If you do not have an AISO compatable soundcard (i.e you have an AC97 that comes supplied with 99.9% of standard PC's) then you need to download a free program called AISO4ALL. Then when Guitar Rig is up and running go to the Audio/Midi Options and on the Soundcard Tab select AISO4ALL as your interface, change the sample rate to 48000 and for Output Device select AISO4ALL V2 then click on the AISO CONFIG button. When you click this button the AISO4ALL Control Panel will pop up, on the bottom left there is a slider bar for Buffer Size which you should adjust down the way until your latency is somewhere between 3-4ms.

Ignore Crunchmeister's post. I use it on a a 2.6 Pentium IV with 512MB ram and it works dandy, who ever set it up on a 3.6 Dual Core with loads on ram and couldnt get it to run without latency is an idiot.

As for the sound quality, its superb with great options you will like it.
Last edited by Prk Marshall at Sep 28, 2006,
thanks prk marshall
that sorted the latency problem, out of curiousity will those settings affect any other audio programms i use like itunes
Allways glad to help.

Those adjusted audio settings are for Guitar Rig only so they wont effect any other programs. If you have downloaded AISO4ALL because you have an AC97 in your PC then you could now open any other audio program and use AISO4ALL as the input and output which can improve audio quality (if you did this then the settings you have selected for Guitar Rig in the AISO Panel will now effect the other programs).

For example i use AISO4ALL with Sound Forge, Re-Valver, Acid Pro 5 and Guitar Rig to improve audio quality.

Any other problems or questions just give me a shout, if i can help i will.
I have a totaly retarded problem with guitar rig. I know its something stupid and easy that i need to do but I've tryed every stupid thing i can think of (adjusting all volume controlls in GR,my pc and on my guitar itself.(Ive hit every learn button a million times) Changing in/outs(in the GR options) and changing where i plug my guitar in. But no matter what i can still hear the clean signal from my guitar over the output sound from guitar rig. otherwise everything seems fine. i can hear the output signal and it sounds fine its just that my clean signal is still playing through my speakers much louder. I've missed something i just dont know what.
oh yea i couldnt get the search to work and this thread doesnt really have anything to do with my problem but oh well.
eh I dont really wanna bump this but its already droped to page 2 (these forums are really active)