I believe its the Phygrian Dominant mode, Joe Satriani also uses it and if your into it, Billy Howerdel uses it (with A Perfect Circle), for example, in The Outsider
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
no prob
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

Joe Satriani taught kirk how to play guitar eh? no wonder kirks using it.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Quote by supermc
I believe its the Phygrian Dominant mode, Joe Satriani also uses it and if your into it, Billy Howerdel uses it (with A Perfect Circle), for example, in The Outsider

Umm, you didn't even give the letter name. A Phrygian Dominant, B Phrygian Dominant? C, D Bb, F#????

Also, I feel like adding this just because I like to point out negative things in overrated guitarists

You gotta remember the phrygian dominant is a mode of harmonic minor, and Kirk Hamburger probably doesn't even know what phrygian dominant is, it's just the way he uses harmonic minor.
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

I am really disappointed that Kirk isn't better since he learned from Joe Satriani.

Kirk knows what the mode is. In an interview he said "For this solo I used the Phrygian Dominate mode to give it a Middle Eastern feel like the song has." He also said that he stole the intro to that solo from Jimi Hendrix.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Last edited by FFFDFEFRFKFFF at Sep 28, 2006,
It's probably in E. That's what key most of thier osngs are in. What chord does the song start on, do you know?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by modestmouse9191
Umm, you didn't even give the letter name. A Phrygian Dominant, B Phrygian Dominant? C, D Bb, F#????

Also, I feel like adding this just because I like to point out negative things in overrated guitarists

You gotta remember the phrygian dominant is a mode of harmonic minor, and Kirk Hamburger probably doesn't even know what phrygian dominant is, it's just the way he uses harmonic minor.

Oh I'm so sorry, i just assumed that he could figure out that it was in E, its not rocket science, I believe he was asking what the scale was not what the keynote was or what key the song is in...so I didn't appreciate that

So, if you hadn't figured it out, its in E PHYGRIAN DOMINANT
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

Quote by Shinozoku
It's probably in E. That's what key most of thier osngs are in. What chord does the song start on, do you know?

sorry dude, forgot to answer your question, I believe the song starts on an E minor, or E5 chord, assuming your talking about the intro, the very first chord...

Sorry for the double post
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

awesome well done man
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby