Hey Guys, I'm kind of in a rut as far as fun things to play. I'd like to get a new solo down, or just a cool filler riff or something. Preferably something slightly advanced so that I can get a challenge. Any suggestions?
Every once in a while, I'd like to be blinded by the light.
Im not sure how long you've been playing but if you want something to practice at try the acoustic version of stillborn by black label society, its by far the most challenging thing i've spent my time on. As far as Lamb of God goes i think Ashes Of The Wake is a good song to learn along with Hourglass. Or Cowboys From Hell by Pantera. Either way as far as im concerned Lamb of God and Pantera have the best riffs to offer.
Try some Megadeth, a good amount of it is challenging, just not a lot of the mid-late 90's stuff. Songs off of "rust in peace" are challenging and fun, try "Hangar 18" if you love soloing. The acoustic part of the intro to "Good Mourning/Black Friday" is something I learned recently that sounds really cool, that song in general is fun as well.
Quote by Foz
Hey Guys, I'm kind of in a rut as far as fun things to play. I'd like to get a new solo down, or just a cool filler riff or something. Preferably something slightly advanced so that I can get a challenge. Any suggestions?

Never mentioned what kind of music you like....
Crazy train-ozzy good riffs and solos.
SCOM-GnR
Metallica
Iron maiden-number of the beast,or run to the hills.
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
I get sucked into play Sweet Child O' Mine riff on first position alot.
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
I think Efilnikufesin (N.F.L) by Anthrax is a great riff, its not uber hard, but does take a bit of time to get your timing right and the sound right, lots of palm mutes and ****, and yeah.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

you can always write your own!
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I think Efilnikufesin (N.F.L) by Anthrax is a great riff, its not uber hard, but does take a bit of time to get your timing right and the sound right, lots of palm mutes and ****, and yeah.

Damn Hell Patrol I love your Avatar
ps. i masturbated to it ( :
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
rofl

its alright, i have too. There is a guy somewhere on UG with the rest of her dancing...put two of them together, its like...sex on the beach xinfinity.

EDIT: and if you want a cool solo, try the Erotomania solo by Dream Theater...its not hard, but its fun anyway, and the last bit gets your hands nice and warmed up, and its cool if you add that little lick at the end to your own solos. Dude, what kind of music are you looking for?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

If you really feel up to the challenge, go for some Necrophagist. They have some catchy riffs. Only Ash Remains has some awesome riffs, but it might take a while to get down...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

go for some of the 'fantastic 4' of thrash
Slayer
Megadeth
Anthrax
and Metallica

I personally think that Anthrax and Megadeth will be the bands that have the funnest to play riffs, being challenging but still possible to play

Slayer is for all out speed and is mainly in the picking hand though you have to have very quick reacting fingers for some of it

Metallica is iffy the best stuff is the old stuff, every time i pick up my guitar i can help but play MoP or for whom the bells toll

my suggestions are
Megadeth - Symphony of Destruction, High Speed dirt, Lucretia, she wolf
there are so many more 'deth songs though
Anthrax - I am the Law, Caught in a Mosh
Slayer, reign in blood, angel of death, god hates us all
Metallica - Master of Puppets, For Whome the bells toll, seek and destroy
The last three minutes of Seventh Son of A Seventh Son-by Iron Maiden, has a really cool riff and also like 3 really tight solos.
I like all kinds of music..... past favorite riffs: Intro to 69 Quite Bitter Beings- CKY, Crazy Train, Intro to Bleeding Mascara-Atreyu, Right Side of The Bed Solo-Atreyu, Back In Black, Last Resort-Papa Roach, Worst December-Sugar Cult, Nightmare- Halifax....There's a feel for what I dig.... Oh, and everything has been really helpful, keep em' coming.
Every once in a while, I'd like to be blinded by the light.