I'm always breaking my D string on my guitars. I've had them checked for burrs. I've raised my gauge. I've tried graphite. Do I keep going up in gauge or do I try changing my strumming or my pick?
probably you pick/strum technique somehow... dont know what you seem to do wrong...
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
yea man, usually its the G or the high e, being the thinnest strings that break. you probably are just strumming too hard. I use 10's and barely ever break a string, just turn the volume up and you wont have to play so hard
You've changed the saddles and the nut and they still break? That's strange. I'd just say it's that you're strumming way too hard.
what type of guitars?

if u break strings at the saddle. then u should swap the saddle.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ok, i'll try using more volume and less strumming and switch up my technique and see if that helps.
I break them on my Taylor, gibson les paul, schecter classic, and my ibanez. I've tried having the saddles worked on, but i doubt all four of those could have funny saddles.
unless ur using a metal pick and playing hardcore. i wouldnt change my playing style.

where does the string break?
what type of strings do u use?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

im telling you thats just strange. if i were u, i would invest in graphtech saddle savers.
they have them for TOMs and for Strat styles.

for about $30 per guitar, ull fix ur problem.

maybe its how ur playing but it's more likely a strange coincidence, or a couple of bad batches of strings.

for the acoustic, lube the saddle joint. and move ur strumming hand off the bridge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

if they are all breaking at the bridge, then there in lies the very strange coiencidence of having all your saddels "burred"... I'd consider taking them to a couple of different guitar techs around you and get each to look the saddles over. Strings are made to endure quite a lot of load... I mean 180lbs, 2x that on the posts of a knife edge vibrato system. If you are breaking consistantly at an area away from your frets, such as the bridge... then it's a problem at the bridge, not neccisarily your playing.. though that could also be a problem.

Like I said, get a few different techs to take a look, and not all at the same place..... they might be a bunch of lunnies man :P .
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!