Hey, i have a 120watt 4ohm head (soon to be upgraded) with a single speaker output. The problem is that i have an 8 ohm speaker cab and a 4 ohm speaker cab. If i connect these in series then i'm gonna end up with a load of 12 ohms so the head will only be working a 1/4 of what it could be (correct me if im wrong there). And in parallel i'll have a load of 3 ohms which is less than the minimal power amp impeadence and i dont wanna risk damage.

I just wanna know if theres some sort of resistor i could get to turn the 4ohm speaker to an 8ohm, or if theres any other solutions to this problem, thanks for any help. Ste
Never plan anything - it's much more fun to go and do something else. The most surprising thing about planning is the faliure that seems to always succeed it.

Sir John Harvey (Changed a bit - couldnt remember the original.. Meh, this one's tonnes better :P)
What are the speaker configurations in your cabs at the moment? Number of speakers, individual impedences, etc.?
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
ive got one 4x10" 8ohm cab so that would be probably be two pairs of 8ohm speakers wired in paralell and the two sets connected together in series but i might be wrong. Anyway its a GK backline if that answers your question. The other speaker is simply a 15" 4 ohm speaker. Thanks for any help.
Never plan anything - it's much more fun to go and do something else. The most surprising thing about planning is the faliure that seems to always succeed it.

Sir John Harvey (Changed a bit - couldnt remember the original.. Meh, this one's tonnes better :P)