hey,
I got a question, I'm planning to buy a new guitar and I want a floyd rose on it, but I've heard that everitime you retune your guitar you need to adjust it?
I play allot in drop D and in standard tuning and sometimes in drop C
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
My friend a Floyd Rose is not for you then. If you play in different tunnings then you really wont like a Floyd Rose, it takes a good bit of time to change its tunning, with adjustments to them bridge needing to be made. Its at least a half an hour job, longer if your not used to doing it..........its not worth the frustration you will feel as you need to be realy patient with a Floyd Rose.

If you do use different tunnings then i would recomend that you get a hardtail as a back up and keep the Floyd Rose in one tunning and use the Hard Tail for the others.
Quote by hamett91
Besides, all my strings have balls.

I have a Licensed Floyd Rose and all my strings have Balls too , it depends on the type of Floyd Rose as to wether or not you need to cut the ball ends off.
I was thinking to buy a jackson from the x-series, but they all have a floyd rose. do they also make guitars with a hard tail??
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
It's gonna be a pain in theass to switch bewteen 3 tunings on it if it has the locking nut. You could get an EVH D-tuna and get the drop easy enough but not D & C.

I have OFR's on 2 of my guitars but I have a Graphtec nut, Trem-setter, and Schaller mini lockers on both. This works pretty well overall, I can get the strings to hang then return but any more than once or twice and you're pushing it.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Its worth noting that the EVH D-Tuna does not work on all Floyd Rose Licensed Trems, so i would check to see if it would fit first.