It depends what sound you want, if its a solidstate you should probably get a fender or something else, but if its a valvestate i would recomend a marshall dsl
you know marshall actually do more solid-state amps than fender... plus both of em only do them for their budget range amps. i say if you've got a good amount of money to spend get a marshall (Do not get an Mg series) but if your tight on cash get something like a fender hot rod deluxe as they're inexpensive n sound awesome!

really if you don't want a valve amp...don't go to the two biggest names in valve amps.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
I liked fender better just use a pedal

also marshall has bloody gain on there cleans, it's clean for god sakes
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Sep 28, 2006,
marshall but dont get an MG

Yeah dont do that, the sound is really stale, I made that mistake.
Traynor YCV50 (sp?)...best of both worlds
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Apples or oranges?
That sums up this thread.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
I'd go with the Fender more quality for the money.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom- Alpine White
Marshall MG30DFX

Soon To Get:
Keeley Fuzz Head
I'm unsure about my next amp.
Looking for amp with great blues tone.
Fender blues junior + distortion/OD pedal
"And you will never hear surf music again..."
Quote by Cowboys9224

Definately...hands down.
Quote by Cowboys9224

Totally agree with that, more bang for your buck with fender.
Quote by puppetmaster66
metal/blues

Go Fender Definatly. I got both a 30watt marshall and a 65 watt Fender. If you want a great blues tone, go fender, definatly.
Vox or Cube. Theyre really the only SS amps worth getting (unless you spend a TON of a high end one).
you looking at tube or solid state? My choice is Fender, they're super clean and it's easier to dirty-up clean that it is to clean up dirty. The Hot Rod/Blues - Deville/Deluxe line would be a great choice, depending upon your budget. If you have a lot to spend, you might check out a Super or Twin Reverb, ore if you just gotta have a stack, mayber the Supersonic (I've not yet tried this one).
It depends entirely on your budget. If you've only got ~$350 to spend and are trying to decide between a Fender Frontman and a Marshall MG, I'd have to say go for the MG (the lesser of the two evils and decent for practicing.)

However, if you've got more like $1000 to spend and are going for a tube amp, all I can suggest is that you try out a bunch from both brands and see what works best for you. For metal you'll most likely want a Marshall, but for the blues, you can't really beat Fender. So you'll really have to play a bunch of amps to find one that can get all the sounds you want.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Depends on your budget. Don't limit yourself to only two brands, try to have an open mind.
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
i'de get a marshall because its good for all types of stuff.
marshalls have been used by blues guitarsist, classic rock, metal,punk and everything else . fender is only good for blues(i have one).
Mex fender tele
fender frontman
morley wah
Quote by sampz
i'de get a marshall because its good for all types of stuff.
marshalls have been used by blues guitarsist, classic rock, metal,punk and everything else . fender is only good for blues(i have one).

No offence, but what you have, is a frontman, and is in no way to be associated with the quality brand of fender. Other than in name, of course.
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
MARSHALL. I've played through most amps on the market, and always felt like something was missing. broke down and got my marshall and I couldn't believe the difference.They're pricey but worth every Dollar.