hello, i have an acoustic guitar (concert), and i put steel strings on it, now the strings have cut into the bridge, and i removed them.my question is, do you think that the neck has suffered under the steel strings? i would like to play steel strings, do i have to buy another guitar or is it ok when i compound the bridge?

thx alot :B
NEVER put steel strings on a classical guitar, its very VERY hard on the bridge. IF you would like to play steel string, buy a new guitar.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
Is it a classical guitar? Or not? I'm confused...

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
hm,its very big, and in the sound hole stands "concert guitar". dont know which characteristics classic guitars have, but when classic guitars are these little handy guitars, this is not one
If it came with nylon strings, and you put steel strings on it you may damage the guitar permanently. Nylon strings have way less tension on them, and the guitar is only built for one kind of strings.

You may get off easy by replacing the bridge. Look behind the neck to see if it's pulling away from the body. It may need to be reset.
same **** different pile... the point remains the same however- never put steel strings on a nylon stringed guitar
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
Quote by roamingbard13
Is it a classical guitar? Or not? I'm confused...

ditto