Page 1 of 3
yeah well i got this guitar like a year ago its a ltd dv8r...the thing is that it sounds really awful....i dont know what is up with my guitar...the tone is really ****ed up...i mean it is a good guitar and i also have a pretty good amp a marshall dsl 401 but still the tone sounds like ****...im giving you guys a link to a song of my band plz lisen to it...only the solo and not the rest because it sucks ass coz its not mine except for the lead ...my singer / rythum guitarist wrote this and i think it is a **** song and that the guy is a ugly stupid mother ****er any way plz lisen to the solo and can you let me know what the hell is wrong with my guitar.... herez the link http://www.uploading.com/en/?get=0czj7ydc plzzzzz help me out ill be really greatfull if u can help me get my tone back....thanks
well the first 3 or 4 days it sounded fine but then the sound started getting really bad...did u lisen to the song before posting???and what is up with the aids comment
Just a thought but doesnt the DV8 have Seymor and Duncan Active pickups?

When the battery in an active pickup starts to go the tone tends to start sucking, so i would recomend replacing the battery in your pickups. If you have already put a new battery in then forget what i just said.
is it in tune at the 12th fret?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
nope seymour duncan passive pick ups are installed in this guitar plz lisen to the track and then lemme knw wat u think
Quote by guitarsexgod
yeah ofcourse its tuned wat do u think im retarted complaining about a detuned guitar???

dont be a rude little twat or nobody will help you...............comprende
dude read my other reply
Did you try my sugestion about the battery for your pickups.

P.S dont be a rude little twat or nobody will help you...............comprende
im not being rude its just obvious that i would tune my guitar
Ive listend to it a couple of times and its hard to tell, have you tried your guitar through someone elses amp to see if you still have the problem.

It could be anything, the valves on your amp or your EQ setup.
dude the amps fine its practically brand new...i have tried it on another amp and it still sounds messy....have you checked out the song????oh and the EQ setup is fine
all i can get from that song, is that your drummer sucks an so does your singer ^_^... well he was ok just needs some practice (singer) yeah try the battery, and just cuz an amp is new doesnt mean the tubes are =\ or anything like that... couldnt hurt to check, an tubes arent that much anyways
Or dont be a cheap ass, take it to a tech and pay to get a proper diagnosis and fix done.

Just listening to a solo isnt enough to diagnose a problem................you asked if i listend to the track i did, i aint listening again as it was painfull the first time but i dont like to be too negative so the one good thing about your recording is the end.........i really enjoyed the bit where it ended.
^ha pwned......but really check the intonation, that might be the problem and its a good thing to know.
i aint listening again as it was painfull the first time but i dont like to be too negative so the one good thing about your recording is the end.........

man that was a cheap shot btw i didnt come up with the song the singer i just did the lead which people say is good:p yeah well anyway the thing isnt that im cheap but it is that i live in Pakistan and there are no techs around here...if there were i wouldve gotten the damn thing fixed ages ago instead of asking you guys for help....well i know that you check the intonation by playing harmonics on the 12th fret and then compare it to the notes and they sound exactly the same....so my guess is that it isnt the intonation....any suggestions?
you need to change strings to make sure dirt and stuff doesnt messup your harmonic points and you need to compare the fretted note at the 12th to the open note using an electronic tuner. (the new strings bit is only if you want it really perfect).
you need to change strings to make sure dirt and stuff doesnt messup your harmonic points and you need to compare the fretted note at the 12th to the open note using an electronic tuner. (the new strings bit is only if you want it really perfect).
dude ive checked the intonation its fine have u heard the song?lisen to the lead and lemme know
man that was a cheap shot

Yeah but lets face it you came across as a rude and condecending a$$ toward jj1565, i did consider letting it go. But then i changed my mind and decided you had to be punished. But i will be positive about your recording.........at least the start and the end of the song were quite close together i liked that.

btw i didnt come up with the song the singer i just did the lead which people say is good:p

Well whoever these people who like it are then its good to see that profound deafness isnt stopping them from enjoying the medium of music.......are these people perhaps Olivia Newton John fans?

yeah well anyway the thing isnt that im cheap but it is that i live in Pakistan and there are no techs around here...if there were i wouldve gotten the damn thing fixed ages ago instead of asking you guys for help....well i know that you check the intonation by playing harmonics on the 12th fret and then compare it to the notes and they sound exactly the same....so my guess is that it isnt the intonation....any suggestions?

Just to show im not just bashing you but that i still want to help. The only other thing i could sugest is that you check the wiring and electrics on the guitar to ensure that there are no problems (loose contacts, badly soldered joint, make sure all the pots etc are okay). Other than that..............without having the guitar in my hands to look at i cant sugest anything else. By the way one of your best sources of help for this would have been jj1565, pity that you acted like a twonk towards her (perhaps from this you will learn a life lesson).
Last edited by Prk Marshall at Sep 28, 2006,
Well whoever these people who like it are then its good to see that profound deafness isnt stopping them from enjoying the medium music.......are these people perhaps Olivia Newton John fans?
yeah well so far you havent told me anything usefull and if youre such a cool ass guitar player lets hear ure stuff....bring it on
Did you just created this thread so all of us could listen to your "good" solo??? I mean seriously, you can't even tell what your problem is!... and what's up bashing your own song? haha

your playing might be your problem... practice more please... Thanks
Quote by guitarsexgod

yeah well so far you havent told me anything usefull and if youre such a cool ass guitar player lets hear ure stuff....bring it on

Ummm i havent told you anything usefull? I went to effort to find out if your guitar had active pickups or not, which normally your guitar would have had if you didnt buy slightly cheaper model.

as i said above and i quote myself here.

The only other thing i could sugest is that you check the wiring and electrics on the guitar to ensure that there are no problems (loose contacts, badly soldered joint, make sure all the pots etc are okay).

Thats not a usefull sugestion? I think its a pretty good idea to make sure that the guitar is electrically sound. Ps this is my last sugestion.

As for putting up a recording..........have you been watching too much crossroads this aint dueling banjos son.
no i have a real problem the solo sounds messed up i didnt it was a great solo or anything like that im just saying that its better in comparison to the song...and im bashing the song because i dont like it well most of it...and its not my song its the singers only the lead is mine
The only other thing i could sugest is that you check the wiring and electrics on the guitar to ensure that there are no problems (loose contacts, badly soldered joint, make sure all the pots etc are okay
yeah rite as if tht hadnt crossed my mind ...and as for the pick ups if you knew anything about the ESP model you would know that even the 4000$ version of my guitar has passive pick ups and mine cost about 1000$ but u dont knw wat ure talking about....and as for the cross roads comment i would duel with somebody who was actually good not a chicken **** like you
alright... so if you really have problem... just do what the other guys said

I'll enumerate it for you:

- Check the guitar's wiring, knobs, pickups or just basically the whole guitar
- Change strings
- After putting new strings check your intonation again
man i cant check the whole guitar because i live in a third world country and i just dont have that option and i have changed the strings and checked the intonation and well I rock 3 i think that a person who listens to crappy bands such as creed is fool and duznt knw what hes tawking about
yeah rite as if tht hadnt crossed my mind ...and as for the pick ups if you knew anything about the ESP model you would know that even the 4000$ version of my guitar has passive pick ups and mine cost about 1000$ but u dont knw wat ure talking about....and as for the cross roads comment i would duel with somebody who was actually good not a chicken **** like you

Okay if there is no LTD ESP DV8R with active pickups then explain this http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-ESP-DV8R-SLV.html.....................so looks like there is a version with actives...........so my sugestion was hardly stupid was it.

yeah rite as if tht hadnt crossed my mind ..

If it crossed your tiny little mind that it may be the electrics in the guitar then why havent you checked them, its not rocket science grab your self a multi-meter and check it out.

i cant get it checked its Pakistan...dnt u get it???

Oh I get it just fine but you dont need a tech to check the electrics for you as you can do it yourself, its fairly simple. If you dont know how to check the electrics then i can explain exactly how.............only thing is im not going to..........because you have been a rude condesenging little d1ck throughout this thread.

Thats my last post on this thread, have a nice life and i hope your axe stays just as f*cked as it is now.
wow... I'm a fool? just because I'm listening to Creed? hahaha you're funny

c'mon seriously... you can't even spell your words properly...

this might solve your problem...

STOP PLAYING GUITAR!
yeah ure a fool...atleast listen to some decent music not some crappy bands and prk marshallala or wat ever ure name is ure not the only one around here who knws how to check the electrics so u can suck my junk and piss off
and well i came here for help and suggestions not to argue with little shyt heads like ureself so go eff ureslf
Quote by guitarsexgod
The only other thing i could sugest is that you check the wiring and electrics on the guitar to ensure that there are no problems (loose contacts, badly soldered joint, make sure all the pots etc are okay

http://espguitars.com/guitars_dave.html

Your model is 2nd to the bottom. Oh wait... whats that say? Seymour Duncan Active pickups eh? Wow you must know your guitar like the back of your hand . Do you even own this guitar?
Quote by sicformyage

me:you like acdc
them:yea i do
me:cool, whats your favorite song,other than back in black
them:i gotta go...

Quote by jordanzio
i love hilary duff and will eventually marry her... she does not know this currently...

well, the way I see it, here's the problem: you disguised a "listen to my ROXORZ solo11!!" as a guitar problem thread, and you're being a jackass because we know your little secret, and since you just can't post without flaming or saying "listenzorz to my wikkid soloee!!!11" then, you're *reported* for just plain being an ass to everyone that tried to help you.
Quote by YAY_FOR_PIE
, I stopped when I read something about three dragons being in you or something.

Quote by Metal claw
Paris Hilton looks like Dave Mustaine to me.
decent music? so what do you call your playing? it's not even music...

this thread is becoming a "show-off thread" so I ain't posting anymore...

and just like Prk_Marshall said... I hope your guitar will be more messed up... ohh so much for the $1000 guitar... ouch...
yea well arnt u trying to be a smart arse but son u dont knw that this is the newer model the one which i have is the 2004 and well if u dnt believe me u should go to the same site go to reviews section and there ull see wat im tawkin abot if u just read i dnt know my own guitar HAHAHAHAA read the review and lemme knw
Quote by guitarsexgod
yeah ure a fool...atleast listen to some decent music not some crappy bands and prk marshallala or wat ever ure name is ure not the only one around here who knws how to check the electrics so u can suck my junk and piss off

sorry ive had to come back and post on this.

Do you really think that with the attitude you have displayed in this thread that people will be falling over themselves to help you? I think not young womble

so u can suck my junk and piss off

I didnt realise you swung that way, but im taker not a giver so could we do this instead .

me > <you
and just like Prk_Marshall said... I hope your guitar will be more messed up... ohh so much for the $1000 guitar... ouch
well boy ure hoping duznt mean shyt so go back to learning ure stupid creed solos hahahahaha wat a tit
Page 1 of 3