Page 1 of 2
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED,PLEASE READ MY LAST MESSAGE POSTED

Preformers:
Black Star - everlong http://soulasylum.dmusic.com
Rudder - my hero
Spudric jr.III - times like these http://wg3.dmusic.com
primusfan - big me http://minstrelblood.dmusic.com/
SMterminator - monkey wrench this song is still up for grabs because he backed out because he doesn't want to sing :P
]InYourHonour[ - razor
DanteR* - best of you
sumguy67 - cold day in the sun
crypto_uriah - walking after you
BigFatSandwich - next year
Stairwaytofloyd - learn to fly
BlackMist - february stars
Last edited by Rudder at Oct 17, 2006,
When's the deadline? If I have enough time, I might enter with Everlong.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
HA!! I was just thinking of this Today!!!, no shit.........Im not a big foo fan but Ill try "Times like these"(Is that even the name of the song???) You know which one Im Talking about, right?
Now Is Not The Time To Cry....Now's The Time To Find Out Why!!!!
Only guitar and vocals? Meh, I suppose I'll enter. Is it possible to do a medley type deal like "Up In Arms/ Big Me/ See You"? I couldn't decide between the three but realized I could easily combine parts of the three together. If not I'll just do "Big Me" I guess.

EDIT: Can we multitrack? Like acoustic and electric on top of each other?
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Oct 2, 2006,
Im in!

Monkey wrench!
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Do we HAVE to include vocals? How much will it hurt us if we don't have vocals? My voice kind of sounds like **** through my microphone, so I don't really want to include vocals.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
^

meh, i jsut want it raw, no fancy stuff... pretend you're at a camp fire and you just pick up a guitar and play...

and please add vocals blackstar .. listen to just guitar is boring

my voice sucks, you will see, soon enough
i'll try to do Cold Day In The Sun and would you rather have the solo or the chords behind the solo since their both acoustic?
Quote by Rudder
^

meh, i jsut want it raw, no fancy stuff... pretend you're at a camp fire and you just pick up a guitar and play...

and please add vocals blackstar .. listen to just guitar is boring

my voice sucks, you will see, soon enough
But electric guitar with no bass or drums sounds shitty...

Besides, I can't sing while playing guitar, so I'd either have to multitrack or have no vocals at all (which would sound pretty boring considering it's just one guitar).
Quote by Rudder
c'mon you say you are the best uger.. prove it
Meh, my signature songcrafting talent is recording layers upon layers of melodies to create beautiful walls of sound

Meh, I don't like the Foos much anyways so I probably won't be joining this contest
If we HAVE to have vocals, im not in.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
argh, you guys are making this so complicated.... if you're not gonna sing, hum or something. and as for cold day in the sun, do whatever you please just do it in one take please with 1 guitar.
Here's an idea. If you don't want to sing, get one of them harmonica holder things and play guitar and harmonica at the same time like Bob Dylan
Quote by MuffinMan
Sorry for the double post, but I felt that this deserved it's own post. I'm done with my version of Everlong. There's a few mistakes, and my mic distorted parts of the song, but it should be good enough.

http://soulasylum.dmusic.com
Quote by MuffinMan
Quote by Black Star
Sorry for the double post, but I felt that this deserved it's own post. I'm done with my version of Everlong. There's a few mistakes, and my mic distorted parts of the song, but it should be good enough.

http://soulasylum.dmusic.com

i like the guitar with the phaser but the voice does not match im sry dude.
put me down for the acoustic version of "times like these"
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Quote by floyd matt
i like the guitar with the phaser but the voice does not match im sry dude.

I'm gonna try to redo the vocals before the end of this competition. That's why I didn't want to do vocals though, because my vocals SUCK.
Quote by MuffinMan
^same here cant sing if my life depended on it, anyway put me down for next year.
- Satch is awsome -
I was just looking at the rules, and it says that good guitar over singing, so even us sucky vocalists still have a shot. He just wanted something to make it not as boring. If we could have done multilayering, I could have just done my guitar instead of the voice.
Quote by MuffinMan
yeh, i reckon there should be a rule of being able to have a maximum of 2 layers/overdubs
- Satch is awsome -
i could probly sing like he does but it would take alot of Strength to get that voice.
trust me guys wait till you hear me sing.. its god awful, but multilayering is uncool because you lose the feel of the song, i wanna hear how well you can all play guitar and sing... stop being pussys

SORRY gtrfrk123 only 1 person per song
Last edited by Rudder at Oct 5, 2006,
ahh Jesus christ... foo Fighters are one of my fav. bands.. i can play alot of their songs but my vocals suck ass... yo have no idea how bad it is... you should do another contest so that us vocally challenged can enter it... Later
Member #48 of the Weezer Fan club

Gear.
Epiphone LP Classic Quilt Top (w/ SD SH-4 in bridge)
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
Dean Markley Blue Steel Strings (light)
this is my one take attempt at everlong(acoustic) i had the mic a little close to the sound hole so the vox are a little quiet, but my guitar playing is decent
http://cryptouriah.dmusic.com sorry if i posted it twice. so what do u think?
Cool man that was solid nice vocals.

Im going to change mine to Razor,

just saw them live at the sydney opera house last night and it went off.
- Satch is awsome -
ok, so i've decided to officially join with cold day in the sun so put me down.
Sorry crypto, as much as I would like the competition of trying to top yours, only one person per song, Rudder said it himself in a post in this topic. I've uploaded a new version of Everlong. Some of the lyrics during the chorus are kind of mixed up, but I didn't care at the moment I recorded this. It should sound better.
Quote by MuffinMan
hey blackstar...man i seriously think my "everlong" is a little bit better than yours...i think thats B.S. if i cant use that song....yours is good dude, dont get me wrong, but my guitar work is a little better in my opinion, and a grip load of other people's too.
Big Me cover is great i love the guitar, vocals were a bit pitchy but were guitarist but that was awesome nice tone on ur voice.
- Satch is awsome -
is it too late to sign up? cause I wasn't able to compete in the coldplay contest so I gotta redeem myself...
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Page 1 of 2