Well i've been playing guitar almost 4 years now and i guess it's safe to say that i am actually pretty good at it. I've been in love with playing music since the 5th or 6th grade and i can read and play sheet music with a few instruments but that's not my problem.

Iv'e been trying to learn theory and stuff but i don't think i am doing it right and i just tend to look over things alot. I have this book called "The Guitar Grimoire: Scales and Modes" by Adam Kadmon that i've been learning my scales off of but what i hate is that i feel like theres just something missing because sure i can learn and memorize scales but what else is there to learn is what i am asking? I feel like i am just memorizing notes on the fretboard like i would be learning a song. I guess i'm in another one of those "Stuck in a rut" situations that i just want to keep progressing but i can't. Can anyone help me out with letting me know what i can learn and all that stuff.
You can leanr chords and triad inversions, learn to transcribe, learn about chord pregressions, or try to play a lot of creative solos using all of the scales and notes you've spent time memorizing. Theres always more to learn (even if you already do all this stuff).
No offense, but if your saying your pretty good at it now...and you don't know your scales...? One of the first things I ever learnt were scales and then I went on to learn/memorize them all basically.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
well you've already started learning basic theory, learn chord progressions within a scale, also memorize things like chord construction, it will start to open your eyes as to how to play outside a scale and still sound good. this is just basic starter advice, theres so much music theory available you could learn for your entire life and never know everything entirely
Quote by kmbuchamushroom
You can leanr chords and triad inversions, learn to transcribe, learn about chord pregressions, or try to play a lot of creative solos using all of the scales and notes you've spent time memorizing. Theres always more to learn (even if you already do all this stuff).

Well i don't know jack about theory.............So can you point me in the right direction on what i can learn or look into first?
Everything is based off of scales, learn how to construct chords with those scales, then learn chord progressions and stuff, then learn how to do a melody line over the progression... theres a lot you need to learn, but thats some fun stuff that'll bring it all together.
a mode is basically a major scale played starting from a note other than the root note. eg, C major scale played form D to D instead of C to C would be D dorian. It uses all the same notes but creates a different feel.
If it smells OK, taste it.