Hmm...I should probably get around to fixing up my sig. Anyhow...

Seeing as a number of you have asked for my thoughts on the busy month of September, I will use this thread to do a runthrough of everything that's gone down. I was thinking it might be sort of pointless, but since apparently people have begun making habits of starting entire discussions on a single concert, I figure I can get away with this. I'll try to keep the reviews at an average paragraph length for brevity, but the length may differ depending on my varied retrospective interest in the concerts. Here we go...

September 6 - Roger Waters - I've noticed a number of people have been raving about Waters's shows, so here's an opinion from a slightly less biased individual: Unless you get some sort of kick out of being within a few hundred feet of one of your heroes, you really aren't missing much. The entire show seemed very automatic, with Waters himself taking a backseat during a lot of it. There was way too much reliance on cheap effects. The rest of the band was good, but come on...I came to see Roger Waters. It's lazy to sit back for a majority of the show while silly effects and visuals obscure an uninspired performance. Perhaps this may sound cruel, but if he can't handle the rigors of being in the limelight for a full show, then he should not be touring under his own name. Also, the show of politics during 'Leaving Beirut' brought down the evening a lot. I don't care what your views on Bush are, I don't care whether you agree with Waters or not, going to someone else's country and insulting their leader is extremely bad taste, pure and simple. All in all, if you're the kind of person that would go to see a Pink Floyd cover band, I guess you would love this. As for me, I was expecting a little more effort to go into this ordeal. Weak...

September 9 - Parliament Funkadelic - Arriving at the venue early for general admission, I managed to nab a perfect spot in the front standing against the railing in front of the show. The opening band was good, lowscale little funk band with a great bassist. As for the actual show...there were elements that could have made it the best show I've ever been to and elements that could have made it the worst. First off, the energy here was simply incredible. The band was huge, with as much as 8 guitarists alternating throughout, in lots of eccentric appearal, naturally. George Clinton was awesome as usual, plus I can say this is the first time I've been to a show where a performer borrowed a joint from an audience member or let one of them sing for a while. The guitarist, this stout little man with an ugly BC Rich guitar with those stupid blue strings nobody uses, was terrible though. The actual playing wasn't too bad, but his tone was godawful; it sounded like somebody beating a sack of baby lambs with a lead pipe, for lack of a better description. I had to leave around 1 o'clock, while the band was still playing, but overall I was very satisfied with my experience. As a whole, the great parts stay in mind a lot longer than the rest.

September 11 - Jeff Beck - Same venue two days later, I also managed to get a perfect spot, albeit a little bit to the right where the keyboard player was, worrying me that Beck might not look at our side much. As it turned out, Beck came out and faced his keyboardist almost the entire time, allowing us a perfect view. There's nothing better than your hero facing you the whole concert, except the knowledge that he simultaneously has his back to half the room then. Set list was all around great, with him using material from practically every era of his career. A few people might complain about the fact that he only played Scatterbrain and Cause We've Ended As Lovers from Blow By Blow, but if you're a true fan of Beck and are familiar with albums other than that, you wouldn't be disappointed at all. Plus, the female singer he had on for a few numbers was AMAZING. Her voice was knockout, she looked great, and very few people I've seen live could handle the stage as well as her. I wasn't able to catch this singer's name, but whoever she is, I wish her luck with her budding career. Shrot and sweet, but overall an amazing show.

Wellll.....I think that's enough for today. If anybody's interested, I can put up reviews for Al Di Meola and the Rolling Stones, as well as some of the other upcoming shows, up a little later.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Other than that, they do no harm. Unless you play a seriously crappy game, you know, like Glover. He was a ****ing glove. Seriously.
WOW, dude thats awesome! in Detroit theres Beck, Clapton and Trower, all in two weeks, I could go to Beck, but sold out, and then Clapton and Trower are both on weeknights, so I got shot down by mom,

Queen and Paul Rodgers (March)
Grand Funk (July)
Ted Nugent (August)
this was a good year for me concerts wise. i saw:

Blue Oyster Cult
CSNY
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Eric Clapton

hopefully next year will be even better.
Quote by FreewayJam

The entire show seemed very automatic, with Waters himself taking a backseat during a lot of it. There was way too much reliance on cheap effects. The rest of the band was good, but come on...I came to see Roger Waters. It's lazy to sit back for a majority of the show while silly effects and visuals obscure an uninspired performance. Perhaps this may sound cruel, but if he can't handle the rigors of being in the limelight for a full show, then he should not be touring under his own name.
a majority of the show? Yeah sure, he didn't sing much on Dark Side (even though he sang half of the songs with lyrics...Time, Brain Damage, Eclipse. The only other songs with lyrics are Money, Breathe, and Us and Them) but he was active the entire first set and encores. I don't see how that is taking a back seat...
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by I Play Guitar!

Blue Oyster Cult
CSNY
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Eric Clapton

Very nice, this was the first year I have gone to concerts, so I'll probaly hit mor enext year too...
Quote by I Play Guitar!

Blue Oyster Cult
CSNY
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Eric Clapton

I'm curious...how is Skynyrd? It would be cool to see them, but I don't know if I'd want to pay to see...Gary Rossington and Billy Powell.

In addition to the concerts that are underlined in my sig, I've seen Blues Traveler and John Fogerty.
Quote by Thefallofman
I saw Skynyrd at the beginning of summer, and whatever people say about it not being the original skynyrd and only half the surviving members, I still loved it and had a great time, i was about 5-10 people back (general admission). The band sounded great, and Johnny did a great job on the vocals, so I suggest if you get the chance to see them, do it.
Trey is a Jedi.

Co-Founder of the Ten Years After Fan Club. PM me or TheHeartbreaker to join.

Member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.
thanks, maybe I'll keep an eye out for a show.
Quote by Thefallofman
This year I've seen Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
and Ive already got tickets to see...
Motley Crue and Aerosmith
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters and Bob Dylan

so im pretty pumped
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
You lucky, lucky, S.O.B.s
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.