Why did you decided to drop tune/tune lower than E standard? What do you like about it?

I play in C standard because it's giving me a lot of low end, and since the body of my guitar is made out of mahogany, it fits well. I like it because it's easy to solo and make big bends while still having a big, chunky sound.
Db Standard (And drop B when dropped) - Not so common, gives a nice heavy sound. Oh, and I like the Dimebag.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
tbh i only ever use drop tuning's when i wanna learn a song that involves it, whenever i write i use standard
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I usually play in E standard for the most part, but I have other tunings.

E standard with a flatted low E string: for songs that need the flatted low E, but so I don't have to keep on changing my tuning 24/7.

Halfstep down: for many songs that are much easier to play in this tuning, than the above.

Drop D: I hardly use it, really, but some songs use it so I do too. I also use Drop Db for other songs.
drop d. makes playing in dminor sound better cuz u can get that low D in there
rawwwwwwwwwwww
I usually tune to either drop D or C# and every now and then C. Ive written a song in C and most of the stuff i play/wanna learn is in drop D or C# and i just love drop tunings cuz of the speed you can change powerchords and stuff with...but thats just basic knowledge right? And i go to A# or A sometimes too just for fun and play some BB stuff
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
I like Eb cause it almost gives it a minorish touch. But I dont really know why.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
i play quite alot in drop d standard because it gives a meatier sound than the natural e position but still alows the frredom to solo as if in the natural e position. i also like to drop to c sometimes as i am big bullet for my valentine fan and like to play along to their songs and write songs of a similar style
I always play in drop D, ithink it started when I got into Lamb of God, I started writing my own stuff around that time and every thing I write is in Drop D. I only tune standard now when I'm playing covers that are in standard.
This Is The Art Of Ruin
Ruin

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
I play because the secret reptilian, alien empire requires it of me. I guess you could say it's "protocol."

Quote by Dirk Gently
icksnay on the ecretsay eptiliansray
E standard. Open E for slide. Open Dm for metal (at least, the stuff I write), Drop D for stuff that needs it. Open G sometimes, for slide or songs.

I love open tunings.
Db Gb Cb Fb Ab Db

Sounds ****ing terrifying

Also whenever i use a 7-string (friend's or GC's)

A-D-G-C-F-A-D

but I'm in standard tuning or Drop-D right now..cant remember
I tune to Eb 'coz it matches my voice a little better, and also so I can play along to Hendrix and AIC
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Well, i played in D# standard and C# dropped, but now i go half step even lower at D standard and Drop-C. I went to D# and C# to play Linkin Park at first, then someone started using a half step back that i know, so i went to D and C. I now use it only becouse its lower and it sounds deeper, you know? but i use capos to match other tunings.
I play in drop D and standard about equally. I've been playing in D alot more lately. I think alot of people play in drop D because it makes it easier to write. Like I've heard people say "I can't write anything in standard."
We're only strays.
I like drop tunings since you get two extra lower notes without "sacrificing" any higher ones, plus the quick powerchords of course. Just the general feel of it.

Lately, I've been playing in drop C# which is mostly because I like the slightly lesser string tension, and now that I've written a tons of songs with it, I'm kinda stuck with it. Also, you can play both E, D and C tuning stuff without changing tuning, but without sounding too "off".
i really only like writting songs in drop D..its starting to sound funky when i de- tunes...probubly cuz i dont intunate when i de tune....but i like the extra crispness you get from the standard..but i like the low end of a Dropped D...and yes im a huge metal fan...metal isnt all about detuneing...look at dimmu borgir
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3