Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
no one at all!?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
because it has tubes and people are stupid, alot of people just arent careful enough with their tube amp because the tubes are hot and fragile and need special care for heating up and cooling down, as far as the valveking being any more or less reliable no, its a good amp, maby its because they play metal like this amp and act like gorillas when they put their gear away because they are pumped
whats a good way to take care of it so nothing happens, ive never had a tube amp before and im getting the valveking hopefully tomorrow or saturday. i know you are supposed to put it on standby for a minute before you start playing it but is there anything else i can do?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
yeah, leave it on standby, and don't drop it or handle it roughly. just treat it like a baby; be careful.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
ok and one more question. i want to replace the speaker in it because ive heard theyre scratchy (if i think it is). i was thinking about an eminince red coat speaker, but do i have to get a 12" speaker if thats what the original amp came with? and if the amp is 50 watts tube, what wattage or w/e should the speaker be? thanks
Lunatics on pogo sticks
get a celestian for it, it will seem louder and sound really nice, but thats like 150 bucks for the 50w vintage that youll need, but definately get the amp and break in the speaker (play loud for an hour or so{really loud}) and see how it sounds to you, maby you'll like it.
I have had one for a couple months now and so far so good. I don't gig with it and it sits stationary in my practice room. I would imagine if you threw it down the stairs it might break