Hi I'm almost 14 and I started playing the guitar about 8 months ago. I bought a Squier Stratocaster and it plays great. My 5 year old brother really likes to hear me play and wants to play himself. I went on the Fender site to look up the Mini Strat to see how long it was, and it said 22.72" Scale length. I looked at that on a measuring tape and said "Wait, that can't be right." Is this true that it's 23 inches? That seems really tiny.

I also found a cheap mini guitar on ebay but it said it's 31 inches. That's a big difference from 23 to 31. My Squier is around 40" and that's way too big for my brother. I figured the one on ebay would be a good started guitar. Here's the link to the knockoff guitar. Click here I thought that this might also be too big, but I don't know. I just need to know if the Real Strat Mini is really 23 inches. Maybe he can get it for Christmas or something who knows. Thanks,

Joe
no its right, its ****ing small.
you can reach the 8 fret from first position
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
The scale length may well be 23 inches, but that's not the same thing as the size of the guitar.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
also, Gibson makes some pretty sick mini guitars, check those out. I'm sure he'd lmuch rather have a V than a strat
Dickless.
Scale Length isnt the same thing as the over all size of the guitar. The Scale length is to do with the size of the fretboard, then you have to add on the size of the body onto that as well.
Yeah, possibly I should elaborate slightly, even though I fear that the threadstarter has disappeared. The scale length is from the nut to the bridge, on a Fender Strat that's 25.5". so the Mini Strat you read about has a scale length only two inches shorter than that of a full sized Strat, which is, y'know, not that mini.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Last edited by Strat_Monkey at Sep 29, 2006,
Hey it's cool I'm here. Just lookin for cool new tabs. Thanks for all your help guys. I'll look into all of it.