need a little help.....

my guitar was working fine 20 minutes ago......than i changed my strings...and i have buzzing frets from 12 - 22 on the high e string (1st string)....any suggestions....thx.
Christ. There must be a million threads on this.

Did you put on a different gauge or brand of strings? You may have to raise your action a bit. What kind of guitar is it?
yes i did put a new gauge on the guitar...i went from lights too medium...and i play a yamaha apx-3.
You just identified the problem. I'd start by checkin the action. Look at how high your strings sit off of the fretboard. You can make adjustments at the bridge.

2 plans of attack. Raise the entire bridge a bit, or raise the individual string. I'd start with the individual string.

Keep raising the high e string until the buzzing goes away. Small steps. No full turns. Adjust a bit and then tune. Repeat cycle. Don't raise it too high, or it may be difficult to play.
^I build acoustics for a living and I still don't know how to just raise single stings.

Going from medium to light shouldn't cause this problem but it could happen if the brand of strings changed as well. If the brand of strings did change then you may need to raise your bridge. Just put some cardboard paprer under the saddle and you should be ok. Or you could always change back to to same brand of strings you had befor.
Not taking any online orders.
^--- hahaha, i think maybe wasted resource doesn't realize that this is in the acoustic forum.
Quote by CorduroyEW
^I build acoustics for a living and I still don't know how to just raise single stings.

Going from medium to light shouldn't cause this problem but it could happen if the brand of strings changed as well. If the brand of strings did change then you may need to raise your bridge. Just put some cardboard paprer under the saddle and you should be ok. Or you could always change back to to same brand of strings you had befor.

Err I think yuo may have misread, he said lights to mediums.
yeah i went from lights too mediums.......and yes that is the problem.....so i think im just going to deal with it for now..........but..........when i change back too lights.....will it go back too normal???
^When I posted it before and said going from medium to light I meant to say going from light to medium. The heavier your strings the less buzz you should get so it's posible that going back to lights will make the problem worse. Then again, there could be something else going on. Perhaps the saddle wasn't seated properly and the heavy strings pushed it the further down on the trebble side. If thats the case then going to light could possibly fix it for you but most likely it'll just get worse.
Not taking any online orders.
Totally forgot I was in the acoustic forum.

In that case, you may need to adjust the saddle if you can. Raise it up. If your guitar has a truss rod, you could give it a shot, but it probably won't help.