I thought these guys were really good and nobody seems to have ever said anything about them. So here we go if anyone knows about them =)
All I know is that Tracii Guns was their lead guitarist, and that Axl was their first lead singer.

Never heard anything by them...any suggestions?
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
YES! I love LA Guns! The sessions of hollywood raw= greatest CD ever.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
They're decent. I hate Tracy Guns but they have some catchy songs.
All in the name of Rock

Motley Crue fan club member, sick **** (pm JeffWiredBeck)
I thought LA Guns was just the name Guns 'N' Roses had before they got big? No?
Size matters. My Mommy told me so when I almost poked out her eye while she was changing my diaper the other day.
Quote by WithTheDawn
I thought LA Guns was just the name Guns 'N' Roses had before they got big? No?

You're half right. After Axl left L.A.Guns and formed GnR with the rest of the gang, that's where they lifted the name from. But they were two seperate bands, not the same one.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Meh, they have one or two good songs. I'm not a big fan though.

Quote by TheUltimateSin
You're half right. After Axl left L.A.Guns and formed GnR with the rest of the gang, that's where they lifted the name from. But they were two seperate bands, not the same one.

no, that's close but not quite it. Axl wasn't ever in L.A. Guns, Tracii Guns was in Guns N' Roses. he left cause he didn't like the musical direction so they got Slash. The name Guns N' Roses came from forming L.A. Guns (which Tracii had already started at that point but i don't think that lineup ever ecorded anything) and Hollywood Rose which Axl and Izzy Stradlin were in together.

But yeeh Tracii Guns kicks ass, i always thought he could be a great shredder if he changed his style a bit.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Quote by eviledge87
no, that's close but not quite it. Axl wasn't ever in L.A. Guns, Tracii Guns was in Guns N' Roses. he left cause he didn't like the musical direction so they got Slash. The name Guns N' Roses came from forming L.A. Guns (which Tracii had already started at that point but i don't think that lineup ever ecorded anything) and Hollywood Rose which Axl and Izzy Stradlin were in together.

But yeeh Tracii Guns kicks ass, i always thought he could be a great shredder if he changed his style a bit.

Actually part of that is wrong, Slash and Steven Adler came into the band when Tracii and the drummer at the time could not turn up to the gig. Axl, Izzy, Steven, and Slash played and then got the band together as Duff was added later. Tracii may have left, but they didn't get Slash because of it.
Quote by eviledge87

Well...close enough. I don't care much for LA Guns...or GnR for that matter. So my knowledge of either is limited.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Quote by Robman2k9
Actually part of that is wrong, Slash and Steven Adler came into the band when Tracii and the drummer at the time could not turn up to the gig. Axl, Izzy, Steven, and Slash played and then got the band together as Duff was added later. Tracii may have left, but they didn't get Slash because of it.

wanna fight!?

you might be right, i have the Hollywood rose demo disc, their first manager talks about how they formed in the booklet, i'll check it...maybe.

To some guy a couple spaces above: i heard American hardcore was really bad. All i know about it though is that Phil Lewis isn't on there.

Vicious Circle (thie fourth cd) is really good. I was really surprised how great it is. The best song on there is Nothin Better To Do, their bassist sings on it.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Well, personally, I think they own. I'm into the song My Koo Ka Choo so much, anyone know how to play it?
Quote by eviledge87

SLASH met Steven Adler, formed the band Road Crew, and was looking for a good singer. Then he met Izzy Stradlin who played him a tape of W. Axl Rose singing. SLASH went to see Axl perform and immediately wanted to steal him from Izzy, but the two Indiana natives were fast friends. SLASH found his bass player in Duff McKagan when Duff answered an ad SLASH had placed in the paper. All the players changed combinations, but the result was Guns N'Roses! With a lot of talent and a lot of drive, the band became an international success story.

from slash's biography on his personal webpage
the arguments end here about how GNR was formed!!!
Axl was NEVER in LA GUNS him and Izzy were in HOLLYWOOD ROSE
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
I saw dokken and La guns in concert at a small club in oklahoma city in 2004,there were only about 200 people there so it was like a jam in a big garage,they came out to the bar and shot the shyt with everyone,guns were good but dokken took the show even without george lynch
have you guys heard about Tracii Guns forming a second L.A. Guns? he started a touring band that performs under the name The Original L.A. Guns. i love tracii guns' music but that's kind of an assholeish thing to do.
Quote by Prophet of Page

I've never listened, but I have to say that Tracii Guns is not only a lameass name, but he looks like one lame mother****er as well.
IMO, L.A. Guns is/was another of the three thousand hair metal bands that popped up in the late eighties, but didn't make any good music. Not to say that hair metal bands didn't make some good tunes(I'm a hair metal fan myself), but I've never found anything by L.A. Guns to be worth giving a listen to.
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
L.A. Guns is sleaze metal not hair metal, that would probably be why you didn't like them.

does anyone else think it's really funny that the song "Rip And Tear" doesn't seem like it would be vulgar or dirty, when in fact it's almost disgusting? (it's about hymens i think)
Quote by Prophet of Page

Quote by TWISTEDFender
I've never listened, but I have to say that Tracii Guns is not only a lameass name, but he looks like one lame mother****er as well.

at least thats true lol
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Quote by obi500
I thought these guys were really good and nobody seems to have ever said anything about them. So here we go if anyone knows about them =)

They pretty much suck!!!!!and you should probably just stop listening to them.
Quote by Petruccishreds!
They pretty much suck!!!!!and you should probably just stop listening to them.

... or not
Axl was NEVER in LA GUNS him and Izzy were in HOLLYWOOD ROSE

......WRONG!!!

In Los Angeles, during 1983. Guitarist Tracii Guns formed the L.A. Guns with singer Axl Rose[1], bassist Ole Beich, and drummer Rob Gardner. Axl later quit to form Hollywood Rose and was replaced by Michael Jagosz. The band demoed in 1984, but Tracii and Rob left to reform with Axl as Guns N' Roses (named after L.A Guns and Hollywood Rose, not Tracii Guns and Axl Rose) and L.A. Guns broke up. However, Tracii soon left Guns N' Roses and reformed his own band. Guns N' Roses replaced him with guitarist Slash and went on to sell millions of records.
"The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar"
- Jimi Hendrix