i don't wanna get a new guitar, and i don't really wanna upgrade pickups or amp, i was just wondering is it possible to get a vintage tone like that with my gear, without spending lotsa money. i got a fender contemporary strat (like a fat strat, but only 2 knobs, and also an extra switch) and a 15 watt marshal . so is it possible, the ac/dc tone i really wanna get is from the intro to "she shook me all night", thanks for the help.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Im guessing your 15 watt marshal is an MG.....if so the answer is no.

The most important thing in terms of tone is your amp, without a better amp your not going to get that tone. You could simulate the tone using a modeling system (korg toneworks, zoom or whatever) but its allways going to sound exactly like a simulation.

If you dont want to spend a lot of money on getting a new amp then i would recomend the Epiphone Valve Standard Combo which is a 15 watt Class A all valve combo. In terms of what you get for the money you pay it represents excellent value as its only £243.

If thats still to rich for your blood then you could try the Epiphone Valve Special 5W combo at £189 or the Epiphone Valve Junior 5W at £88.
Last edited by Prk Marshall at Sep 28, 2006,
well ur definitely not gonna get that sound from an MG, but i think i can help a little.................

Angus Young
Gain - 5
Treble - 10
Mid - 10
Bass - 5
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
i have a line 6 spider III 15 watt amp and ive been DYING to know how to get the Angus tone also. would those settings be the same to get a similar sound? if not, could someone please help me. thanks.