Okay, this isn't really to see which of these musicains is better, but it concerns Red Hot Chili Peppers' new album 'Stadium Arcadium'. Is it just me or did Flea outdo John in the latest addition to their discography?

Okay, their both really good at their respective instruments (Flea: bass, John: guitar, duh), but in their latest album, it seems to me like John was turned down, all I could hear is the thumping bass and the guitar is in the background, either playing simple chords over and over again, while Flea's slap-bass and licks are amazing and as funky as ever (listen to Torture Me, Charlie, Warlocks, and So Much I).

Not to say Flea is BETTER, it's just that to me, in this album, John Frusciante is not shining as much as he usually is, his legendary opening riffs like Under The Bridge, Californiation, and Scar Tissue are absent, and even his solos are not as brilliant.

So, the purpose of this thread, is just to see if ANYONE else thinks similarly about this album. Who do you think dominated this album more? I think Flea.

BUT THAT'S JUST ME, PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG, MAYBE IM JUST TOO STONED EVERY TIME I LISTEN TO THIS ALBUM!
I think you're right. Flea "outshines" John in the latest album. Frusciante has his moments though. I never saw Frusciante as that great of a guitarist anyways.
Is that a bad thing?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Dude don't get me wrong Flea is amazing. But I just went to there concert on Tuesday night and John kicks ***. They played a lot of songs from Stadium Arcadium and you really have to see him alive to appreciate it. Theyre both awesome anyways.
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
nope..nope... your all wrong
you freaks are selective listeners... listen to readymade...desecration smile...Snow...and even tell me baby... They play TOGETHER.... they take turns 'outshining' each other..it's a team effort...
ya i noticed that.. which pisses me off because i really dont like Flea's bass playing, i dont know why he just doesnt sound very good and i wish the ****er would put a shirt on...im not the biggest fan of the red hot chilli peppers but i do think frusciante is a good guitarist and he should have put more effort into the songs
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
Quote by Latin_Morello
nope..nope... your all wrong
you freaks are selective listeners... listen to readymade...desecration smile...Snow...and even tell me baby... They play TOGETHER.... they take turns 'outshining' each other..it's a team effort...

Okay, you're right about Desecration Smile and Tell Me Baby, but Snow gets really repetitive IMO and even the brilliant riff gets a bit boring after the first chorus.
Quote by musicmyrock
Dude don't get me wrong Flea is amazing. But I just went to there concert on Tuesday night and John kicks ***. They played a lot of songs from Stadium Arcadium and you really have to see him alive to appreciate it. Theyre both awesome anyways.

spelling error i presume?
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
John 'overshines' Flea by several football fields. 3/4 of the album is Jfru backed by RHCP. Flea has some good lines, but not much compared to past successes. Don't me wrong, I love the CD, but it is John's album.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by Yertle
John 'overshines' Flea by several football fields. 3/4 of the album is Jfru backed by RHCP. Flea has some good lines, but not much compared to past successes. Don't me wrong, I love the CD, but it is John's album.

i second that
...did you listen to Stadium Arcadium? there's like 4 bass based songs, and then everything is John overdoing guitar parts, overdubbing guitar solos, overdoing guitar effects, and doing too many background vocals.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!