Alright I finished Scar Tissue with guitar, vocals, and a bass backing track
I did the whole song on my accoustic, (because I own a crap squier strat)
but my point I had to do the slide solo on my accoustic...
but not with an ordinary slide, I used a butter-knife,
it was pretty cumbersome and I couldn't pull off the last solo

Just wanted some constructive criticism and opinions

Now I have no effects on the voice
and now its hopefully better

Crit for Crit

Hope you guys enjoy it
http://www.purevolume.com/afriendofarealmusician
(only song on there)
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
1980 Ovation Matrix Accoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn T-14 Taurus (Bass)
SWR Working Pro 100 watt bass amp
Last edited by juniorfr3ak at Sep 30, 2006,
the vocal effect drove me nuts. i couldn't stand to listen to the whole thing.

it seemed like the vocals were off rythym as well. could have just been from the "phaser-like" vocal effect though.

guitar playing sounded fine though.
yeah actually I doubled the voice so its a little weird, no effects on the voice though
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
Peavey Valveking 112
it was pretty good, guitar playing was nailed, i think the vocals were just a little to loud though, short slide solo good, you took a bit to long to complete each slide IMO, wow im getting picky, the vocals sound like you are usin an effect, but it didn't bother me that much. great cover of a great song.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
I really liked it, maybe the voclas need a little work and need to be turened down a bit, but otherwise great.
Never plan anything - it's much more fun to go and do something else. The most surprising thing about planning is the faliure that seems to always succeed it.

Sir John Harvey (Changed a bit - couldnt remember the original.. Meh, this one's tonnes better :P)
well i guess I'm gonna go change those vocals, get it to just one voice and hopefully I wont sound wimpy, il edit the post when i get it done
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
Peavey Valveking 112
YEAH DUDE well ur guitar was so good u nailed it but even though i disliked ur singing ill give u props for trying (rome wasnt built in a day) try some other RHCP song like slow cheeta or My freinds

YEAH RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
IF JOHN F WAS GAY HED BE MY BITCH
Thanks guys I think thats about all the crit I need seeing as your all saying the same thing, and my voice really doesn't fit this song as im a Bass II in choir and one of the lower ones at that, hooray falsetto!

and thanks all of you guys for critting
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
Peavey Valveking 112
good job kid
i liked it but there was alot of time between slides.also as you know the vocals sounded lie you werent singing..dont be ashamed of singing or dont sing at all.
i like it tho
8/10
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
i dont think theres much to say that these guys have already said....guitar was good. solo was awsome with that cool effect but at the end the solo got sloppy..i would cut that out or better phrase that solo. vocals are okay i guess from a listeners point of view..

crit for crit???

i am a begginer at singing and i want a your opinion on my singing... good, bad, decent tell me. but keep in mind that i have only been singing for a couple weeks

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439297
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?