A long time ago my gutiar teacher told me that the biggest breaktrhough in his carrer was when he discovered Hendrix. He learned all of Jimi's songs and all that good stuff. I lov Henrix. One of my favorite players and I too am learning all of his songs lick for lick by ear and its helping me out alot but its not making the same impact as it did fro my teacher so I began to search for others. Trower, Marino, SRV, Travers, Perry, Healey, Gibbons, Clapton, Iommi, Rhoads, Page, Van Halen, Moore, Beets, Allman, Trucks, Haynes, Schenker Gales etc.....I listened to all of em and theyre amazing. I like all of them but theyre not making that huge impact on me that Im looking for. So I came here. Can anyone recomend me a great unnkown guitarist to listen to? Im looking for a big breathrough and Ive searched everywhere but I can find it.

Thanks in advanced
*Points to BB King* Listen to the big crazy black guy. Eric Johnson too
Who's dumber?
The cat that plays with a piece of string for 30 minutes,
Or the guy who dangles the string for 30 minutes?
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Fan
*Points to BB King* Listen to the big crazy black guy. Eric Johnson too

Tried em.
Tracii guns I love his playing for some reason.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Try John Frusciante, go back to guys like albert king, james brown, muddy waters, robert johnson, etc.

if u like hendrix, listen to what HE liked
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
Maybe go outside blues and rock? Try some jazz maybe? Try: Joe Pass, Pat Metheny, Wes Montgomery etc.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Even Tracii? Um how about mark kendall?
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
You prbly listened to them, but basically, IMO Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are insanly amazing lol. Im into the whole shred thing but i think they're the greatest guitar players ever. Check em out if u havent already.
U2 Rocks. Not for playing i mean, just ...but i stiiiiiill havent found, what im lookin fooooor... :p
Quote by Durell, spelt like Derrell but pronounced Durell
Can I get yo beautiful ass numba?
Jason Becker, pre-Lou Gehrig's disease. Or Marty Friedman, same style.
Quote by YAY_FOR_PIE
, I stopped when I read something about three dragons being in you or something.

Quote by Metal claw
Paris Hilton looks like Dave Mustaine to me.
try out claudio sanchez and the other guy from coheed and cambria,they lay down some awesome stuff. it may not be the best technically,and maybe not as good as hendrix,but some of their stuff is so catchy.
Guitars
Fender Highway One Telecaster
Squier Affinity Strat
Alvarez Acoustic

Amp
Crate GLX65

Pedals
Digitech RP120
Boss Chromatic Pedal Tuner

Strings
Dean Markley 10's

Member of the Zeppelinism Faith
PM TheHeartbreaker to join
Micheal Amott (Arch Enemy) and Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom), if you're into metal guitar..they're not really unknown but w/e..
Jeff Beck is amazing IMO...also Matt Bellamy of Muse does some really cool things with the guitar
Quote by flyingjew34
Practice Practice Practice man. You can't get better at anything without practice. Oh, and mustard too.

I play like I'm breaking out of jail.

--Stevie Ray Vaughan