hi guys, im lo0king at 2 strats, ones a american standard, the other is the highway one strat, which one?
member of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero join. Australians only

Feel the Rhythm...
depends on music type but i love standard strats.... so the american IMO (fender koa strats are nice too for the money)
whichever one you like the sound of better... IMO the only way to really know is to play them and see which one sounds better, which one plays better and if its qualities really match your style
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
I'd say Highway One.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
standard american
Voodoo Fest 2008 <3

Quote by DieGarbageMan
SILENCE.

SURSKIT DECIDES YOUR GENDER NOW.
the thing is they both sound almost exaclty the same, except that the highway one seems to round off the highs on its middle pick up, is that good for classlic rock?

Feel the Rhythm...
Standard American. This is coming from the biased owner, but I don't know about the finish on the highway. It seems iffy.
oh yeh i forgot to mention, the standard american is one of those 60th anniversiry ones
does that make a difference?

Feel the Rhythm...
Why in the world would someone choose a Highway 1 over an American Standard if they are serious?

Highway 1's seem to be compared more to MIMs. I suggest to get the guitar you like better but few would choose a Highway 1 over an American Standard.
ok, how much more would pay if i wanted the standard?

Feel the Rhythm...
Highway ones for me, saves some money that you can later use on a pickup change or something, plus I'm a sucker for those 70's headstocks that let people KNOW that you're playing a STRATOCASTER lol
Last edited by musiclover2399 at Sep 28, 2006,
I like the satin nitro finish on the Highway ones a lot, but If I was going for a Strat or Tele at that price, I'd just spend the extra and go for an American Standard.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i was told that if i wanted the standard, i'd be about 500 bucks more, so would it be better to get the highway one and change the pick ups?

Feel the Rhythm...
The 2006 Highway pickups are very good as is. You shouldn't need to change them. Also, the finish on the Highway will break in quickly, giving you that SRV First Wife look, which I find badass.

Also, as if I wasn't clear, my vote is the Highway One.
It's actually 200 more, I suggested the pickups thing because I that's the first thing that came to mind when I thought of some spare cash and thought you could add hotrails or lace sensors for distorion or soemthing with the spare but nevermind

EDIT: Yeah, it's not so much the paint is weak as it is it's supposed to be a show off the wood satin. Plus they use better quality paint now too I believe
I have played a few Standard Americans, and have fallen in love with all of them. Although I haven't played a Highway one, I would choose an American.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
ok, yeh i heard that they used old school paint jobs on the highway strats, so that the paint wears away and gives ur guitar its own personal look

Feel the Rhythm...
Play them for yourself and decide, don't be so lazy.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
A highway one is just a MIM strat with a ****ter finish and it's made in america.

American Standard is alot better.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Japanese Fender!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i have played both of the guitars actually both rellay good, but i think i'll go for the highway one cause its cheaper and pretty much the same as the standard

Feel the Rhythm...