I've got a Taylor Bigbaby acoustic. The problem is that whenever I pluck the G string, it buzzes lightly against the first fret (only when I play open, of course). In any case, it's the first time it's ever happened and I'd just like to know how to fix it. I don't want to do anything drastic like sanding the fret unless absolutely necessary, so I figured I'd come to you guys.

The humming doesn't cancel the note. It's just kind of a jingling hum. I know it's with the first fret and not the tuning keys or anything else.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Just do what I did, go to a coffee shop and get one of the little red string straws then when you change the strings cut the straw the length of the plastic piece that holds the stings at the top of the neck (cant think of its name right now) and place it under that piece then put on you strings. That will raise the action a little.
Quote by GsKoRn1
Just do what I did, go to a coffee shop and get one of the little red string straws then when you change the strings cut the straw the length of the plastic piece that holds the stings at the top of the neck (cant think of its name right now) and place it under that piece then put on you strings. That will raise the action a little.

you mean the saddle? i think u do...

but as far as raising the action? i dont kno what to tell you..but i think puttin a straw under the strings sounds a little ghetto..(not to insult GsKoRn)..im sure theres a more common way to do it..im advice google raising action or something like that...
I dont know anything...
The piece at the top of the neck is the nut. The piece by the bridge is the saddle.

If your guitar has a truss rod, you could loosen the tension a little bit. You'll have to go in through the soundhole to find the screw. That should help.

The other way to raise action is to raise the saddle.

Or you could rig something up like GsKorn1 says. I prefer traditional adjustments, but to each his own.