I've heard people say you could put a block of wood under it in the back but i'm not sure so don't try it less someone more experienced can confirm this.
Quote by sicformyage

me:you like acdc
them:yea i do
me:cool, whats your favorite song,other than back in black
them:i gotta go...

Quote by jordanzio
i love hilary duff and will eventually marry her... she does not know this currently...

Yea, you can get a block of wood, just as long as it is a strong piece, and not something that will crack, or squish, haha.

But why have a guitar with a floating trem if you block it off? mind as well have gotten a hardtail bridge
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Block the trem block like so

If you want maximum and good sustain, use brass.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
Yea, you can get a block of wood, just as long as it is a strong piece, and not something that will crack, or squish, haha.

But why have a guitar with a floating trem if you block it off? mind as well have gotten a hardtail bridge

Maybe the guitar he wanted wasn't avabile without the trem? Or he just realized what a hassle it is and changed his mind (I did with mine, but I sold the guitar instead)...

Compared to a hardtail bridge, how good sustation etc do you get with a blocked trem?
Quote by maxter0
Compared to a hardtail bridge, how good sustation etc do you get with a blocked trem?

Hardtail definetely has better sustain than a blocked trem.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Why block a trem?It helps in maintaining tuning?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by maxter0
There's a well noticable difference then? Alright, might be good to know. Thanks

A "Well noticable different" varies from person to person. If they're a fine musician with tuned ear, they could probably differentiate it, but if they're just amateurs or beginner than it wouldnt really matters. Also it depends on the gear its set up on and the pickups.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Broken-pick
Why block a trem?It helps in maintaining tuning?

also with more contact between the bridge trem block and the body wood the sound vibrations are improved and also sustain may be improved since your getting more sound transferred
Quote by maxter0

There are other considerations besides sustain though. For example, Clapton never uses hardtail Strats but he never uses the vibrato bar either, he just blocks the assembly up with a bit of wood (plus all five springs in the back, tightened all the way up) because he prefers the tone of non-hardtail Strats.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.