im planning on running a jcm 800 through two peavey 215 bass cabs.
they have no speakers in them tho and im on a tight budget. any ideas?

theyre vintage cabs from the 80s or 70s not sure exactly when. they have two strips of aluminum running down each side of the front of the speaker cover.

if youre stupid theyre 15" speakers, 2 each cab, going vertically.
Quote by scott5150
Man someone needs to make a vid of an armless and legless ethiopian watching a donut roll down the hill, and then he starts using his teeth to pull him towards the donut. That would just be good filmaking right there.
Last edited by The Pit Dancer at Sep 28, 2006,
if they have no speakers, then why run through them? you should check the wattage and ohms on both before doing that. though
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
im planning on buying speakers. are there any good 15" speakers for guitar, not bass.
Quote by scott5150
Man someone needs to make a vid of an armless and legless ethiopian watching a donut roll down the hill, and then he starts using his teeth to pull him towards the donut. That would just be good filmaking right there.
I dont think so bud. i think you'll find that 15 inchers are too muddy for guitar work.
So do you have anything interesting to play?
i don't know. iv'e heard some pretty good tones from 15's. i know they're usually used for bass tho.

i cant afford new gear really anyway tho so im stuck with those peavey cabs.
Quote by scott5150
I dont think so bud. i think you'll find that 15 inchers are too muddy for guitar work.
So do you have anything interesting to play?
Quote by Eclectia

that's brilliant.

Anywho, look into avatar cabs.

Just get a cab that's meant for guitars. It will save you money when you realize how shitty 15 inch speakers sound.
dude. just wait it out till you have enough for an actual guitar cab. Yeah theres 15" speakers in guitar cabs/combos...but theyre always paired with either a 10" or a 12" speaker. Youre way better off with a guitar cab.
mabye i could cut up the cabs to be 8x10. but ohms confuse me and it might get too heavy to move.

might be mad expensive for speakers too.
Quote by scott5150
i dont know muc h about 10's. are there any good ones for a somewhat bright, distorted kind of tone.

8x10 will fit. but is there a way to get it to 8 or 4 ohms. i dont know much about that stuff.
Quote by scott5150
Last edited by The Pit Dancer at Sep 29, 2006,