How good condition? I saw a used one at GC about 6 months ago for $350, but it was a little scuffed up. It was an AV with the V30's though.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
it has a rip in the grill cloth, thats all i know, i havent seen it yet, and im in the process of finding out what speakers.

edit: its has stock celestions

whats the ohms on these?
Last edited by DBS_KICKS_ASS at Sep 29, 2006,
gawd theyre good, and if its in good condition then thats a good bargain, i own a 1960 Vintage (AV i think), and loaded with some sexual celestions you cant go wrong mate, i say snag it before someone else does.
Quote by One_Thousand
Davo... you are a legend

Quote by faithinfire;13455914
is a 5150 a pick up, an amp, or a tube?
I can tell you, I played that cab with a Triple Rec head, and it sounded really good together. My friend actually bought the Trec head and matched it with a recto cab, and IMO, I thought it sounded as good, if not better, with the 1960. He went back for just the cab a couple weeks later, and it was long gone.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Depends which exact 1960 you are looking at if you are planning on matching the impedance, which is the safest way. http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=ExtCabs&pagetype=SPECS&pageNumber=2
Some run 16 and/or 4 in mono and 8 stereo, some run at only 16 mono. I assume your amp is SS, and doesn't have an impedance selector, but rather expects 8 ohm and not less than 4 ohm? If that's the case, one step mismatch(amp 8ohm -> cab 16ohm) should be ok. If it's expecting 4 ohm, I don't think I would chance it.
amp clips
amp vids
Stock Celestions in Marshall 1960's are G12T-75's. Personally I don't like them as much as Vintage 30's, but I think the deal is still pretty good for you.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by rockxwl
Stock Celestions in Marshall 1960's are G12T-75's. Personally I don't like them as much as Vintage 30's, but I think the deal is still pretty good for you.

I have come to find it is actually personal preference.

75's are metal and 30's are too smooth for that.
Sayin that, Mesa use em.

Look at Zakk's as well, 100w 200w RMS!!!!! CRAZY