Page 1 of 2
It's great, now let's hear some actual music.

j/k

It's good. Better than me, at any rate.
Watched for 3 min then quit. Seemed like all the same stuff over and over to me. Guess if you want to just pick fast then you're fine, but nothing I'd want to listen to.

3.75/10

EDIT: Sweet guitar though
Playing wasn't bad....you can pick fast, but you're really not clean at all...you get harsh overtones on your strumming of notes that should not be there....and your timing seems very very sloppy....seems like everything is in free time.

The super mario thing was pretty cool....not clean at all, but cool!
Last edited by ibanez4life SZ! at Sep 29, 2006,
"Nothing I'd want to listen to" 3.75/10? Moron his playing is good, looks effortless partly because hes just nooddling not really concentrating. So what he didn't play something structured he was just messin showin his new guitar and his technique. "Nothing I'd want to listen to." GAY
its not bad, a little sloppy at times, a little more practice and you will be able to tighted it up. I also want to stress that playing fast donst make you a good guitarist, so dont focus too much on it, it seems like you got it down for the most part exect for some sloppy parts. also you kinda seems a little awkard when playing, eighter the guitar is too big for you, or you are just stiff. If you have seen school of rock you know when jack black was telling zack the lead guitarist "whats up with the stiffness, grease the hendges losey goosey baby losey goosey" thats how i kinda feel with you, you kinda seem like you dont a natral look when playing it, all in all its pretty good, again dont focus too much on speed i know you like playing metal and that type of gene is usally played fast but some of the greatest guitarist in the world play slow, take david gilmore for an example, he plays pretty slow solo's but they are brilliant you can just feel the emoution and passion in the solo, you know what i mean?

-b@man
The glaring flaw is your tone, you have too much distortion.

Yeah your timing is off too and you lack melody, but big deal that's easy to fix.

You have heavy dang near down though .
Quote by Dom5412
It's great, now let's hear some actual music.

j/k

It's good. Better than me, at any rate.

wow, i'm sorry.

and to the player, one and a half year? you should be way better. i have been playing for about the same and i am playing michael angelo, malmsteen, stump, lane, gilbert, and petrucci licks clean and up to speed.
slow down, you'll be alot faster.
you need to sync your hands before you can play fast.
also work with your tone.
if you'd believe me i'd tell you everything
Quote by jsxxx
"Nothing I'd want to listen to" 3.75/10? Moron his playing is good, looks effortless partly because hes just nooddling not really concentrating. So what he didn't play something structured he was just messin showin his new guitar and his technique. "Nothing I'd want to listen to." GAY

He asked for my opinion and I gave it. Sorry I don't like listening to people rape a guitar.
1. get a metronome.
2. work on your tone
3. grow some balls
4. disregard part 3
5. start slow with chromatic exercises
6. work way up.
7. alternate between a chromatic exercise and a major scale run
Thanks. I'll try playing slower. And just so you know I'm using a Spider II. That might be part of it. Any other advice for being less sloppy(I knew I was sloppy already)? Anyway, for you guys that watched like 3 minutes and got bored, the last couple things are the best. Also, my little made up solo is not supposed to be super emotional or anything. Just to impress non-guitarists.
Dude, that Super Mario riff was awesome a bit sloopy but the way you did it made it sound awesome where did you find the tab for that anyway?
Quote by xCompanyCalls
and to the player, one and a half year? you should be way better. i have been playing for about the same and i am playing michael angelo, malmsteen, stump, lane, gilbert, and petrucci licks clean and up to speed.

Shut the hell up, we don't care about your 'amazing' progress. Everyone learns at different speeds.
Quote by xCompanyCalls
wow, i'm sorry.

Im sorry that we dont spend 12 hours a day behind your guitars.
Come on the boy is young, he plays rather good, better than i (i like have played 4 months less than him) kids our age need social interaction so they hang out outside mor e than playing 8 hours a day.
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
Quote by xCompanyCalls
and to the player, one and a half year? you should be way better. i have been playing for about the same and i am playing michael angelo, malmsteen, stump, lane, gilbert, and petrucci licks clean and up to speed....

ha. OK, let's see YOUR video or recording. Nobody should be anywhere except
where they are. Far as I'm concerned he has more balls than you for putting out
a video.

Stumpy: I didn't think that was bad at all. A bit repetive. Not much going on
with your fretting except powerchords and single string moves. Noticable sagging
when you tried licks on multiple strings & legato. Picking was good all things
considered. For a year and half a good job overall.
hey pretty fast tremolos for a kid like you how old are you anyway???
well if you don't waste your time learning gay ass **** that won't help you, and spending 12 hours a day on ug, maybe you can progress faster.
if you have the proper learning techniques, you can get better, much faster. look at what he said, he appreciates it.
god, it amazes me when people that can't play try to down talk the ones that can, even for trying to help.
Quote by edg
ha. OK, let's see YOUR video or recording. Nobody should be anywhere except
where they are. Far as I'm concerned he has more balls than you for putting out
a video.

Stumpy: I didn't think that was bad at all. A bit repetive. Not much going on
with your fretting except powerchords and single string moves. Noticable sagging
when you tried licks on multiple strings & legato. Picking was good all things
considered. For a year and half a good job overall.

alright then dildo breath, when my best friend gets here i will have him film me and when i get to a computer with high speed internet, i'll post it.
dont listen to the people talking bad, they can't play for **** its so obvious. your good , keep it up
Quote by kurosawa
dont listen to the people talking bad, they can't play for **** its so obvious. your good , keep it up

kinda like what your doing right now?
Quote by xCompanyCalls

god, it amazes me when people that can't play try to down talk the ones that can, even for trying to help.

"dildo breath"!? Good one. Oh, that does cut me so....

And you weren't talking down to that kid by saying how much better YOU are
after a year and half? Man, the lunatics are in charge of the asylum....

A year and a half is nothing in guitar time. I think he's made good progress for
himself in that time. Some do better, some do worse. Doesn't matter.
yeah yeah yeah... basically gonna say all the other stuff youve gotten here already, yadda yadda yadda repetitive yadda yadda blah blah blah lol youve heard it but it looked like you werent keeping your wrist right but I dunno lol, it was good I give it an 6/10.
Quote by xCompanyCalls
alright then dildo breath, when my best friend gets here i will have him film me and when i get to a computer with high speed internet, i'll post it.

I look forward to it.
It was ok, got boring i give a 4.3/10. What picks do u use?
EDIT: Sorry I decided to watch some more. Make sure when your bending strings use more than that one finger. Like if your using your pinky to bend a string put your other fingers behind it so you have more strength.
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
Last edited by dementedpuppy at Sep 29, 2006,
Quote by xCompanyCalls
wow, i'm sorry.

Firstly, no one cares, secondly everyone progresses at their own rate, and finally I think you're lying.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
Firstly, no one cares, secondly everyone progresses at their own rate, and finally I think you're lying.

agreed... but hell, i would like to see you prove us wrong
My Myspace
My Covers
PLEASE WATCH AND COMMMENT

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
Dunlop DB-01 Dime Crybaby From Hell Wah
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
That was some Kvlt Mario riffage
Quote by sicformyage

me:you like acdc
them:yea i do
me:cool, whats your favorite song,other than back in black
them:i gotta go...

Quote by jordanzio
i love hilary duff and will eventually marry her... she does not know this currently...

To the guy who asked how old I am, 13. And I didn't use a tab for it. I used piano sheet music and shifted everything up an octave(sometimes 2 on the right hand).

Anyway, xCompanyCalls DID give me advice, not necessarily in the frendliest way, but the metronome thing seems like a great idea. And I kind of anally raped the Super Mario thing, so any tapping advice would be really awesome.

Like I said, if you got bored and didn't watch much, PLEASE watch starting at about 3:10. I sucked less there and stuff. Also, cool little minor arpeggio stuff at about 5:00. Not meant to be expressive and moving, just a little something I made up.

EDIT: The purpose of this thread was for specific advice. That would be cool. I came to UG because it's easier to find guitarists more talented than me(everyone I know sucks since I'm a freshman in high school).
Last edited by grampastumpy at Sep 29, 2006,
Quote by xCompanyCalls
wow, i'm sorry.

So according to you, EVERY guitarist has to listen to Malmsteen, Micheal Angelo, Gilbert, Petrucci, etc. so they can be good at guitar?
I've never heard anything stupider than that statement. I've played for one and a half year and I fucking loathe shred. I don't go around saying "shred sucks lol". Grow up.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by grampastumpy

EDIT: The purpose of this thread was for specific advice. That would be cool. I came to UG because it's easier to find guitarists more talented than me(everyone I know sucks since I'm a freshman in high school).

First off all, don't sell yourself short. You probably have more natural talent than
most you'll find here. It's knowledge and experience you lack, which you'll get
eventually.

Secondly, while I think UG has it's entertainment value, I'd never try and get
specific advice around here. A vast majority of what I've seen given out as
advice is flat out wrong. For really really good advice on technique join the
Guitar Priciniples forum and get thier materials. Best guitar advice on the planet.

And, make what you want of MY advice. I started playing over 30 years ago and
still have a ways to go....
I thought that was pretty impressive for just a year and a half. And you're still so young too (makes me wish I had started younger).... you'll be a great player if you just stick with it.
nice man. A year and a half? keep it up and you'll be great. My only suggestion would be to practice with a metronome to improve your timing. I was nowhere near where you are when I had been playing for a year and a half.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
I'm older so my playing style is different, but I thought it looked and sounded pretty cool.
Very good technique i must say. I developed my tremolo technique with 3 years of playing and still working on it. My advice will be practice everyday and use software like Guitar Pro to play along with, it will help your timing.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Me AND my buddy sitting next to me say....

You sound like you need some formal lessons... good job, though.

You wanted an opinion, you got one!

From someone who would know, too.

Don't beleive me? listen to me, then...

www.myspace.com/sonicmessiah
Last edited by SonicMessiah at Sep 30, 2006,
Not bad. 6/10 I thought your alternate picking was good, but you need to work on cleaning up the rhythms and riffage.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Overall: Very Impressive. Technique is great. Songs are well done, if you're into that sort of thing. The tone lacks "balls" but a better amp should give you better bass and distortion. Nice guitar by the way.
Page 1 of 2