I was told somewhere in the HarmonyCentral forums that 6L6s sound better with Single Pickups, and EL34s sound better with Humbuckers ?? Is this f***in true ??

Or is the dude that told me this just a ****ty GAS jack-off hillbilly ?? (He was talkin bout his bogner XTC101A though)

Cuz if it is, I better start savin for a XTCClassic rather than a Soldano SLO 100 !!

I know this is kinda stupid, but just ..... enlighten me !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Nope...no rules here. It's all taste. All quality pickups will sound great with high quality amps....it's just that different combinations will acheive different tones.

Just because it works for him that way, doesn't mean it will work for everyone. I love buckers with my 6L6 recto.
Which one will cut the mix better

an XTC101A with the mid up to 7, or an XTC101B with the mid up to 5 ??

Both same gain, same EQ, same HUMBUCKERSS ??

Oh yeah, ibanez, weren't you the one who was going to switch your recto tubes to E34Ls ?? Why ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
^ when youre talking about that calibur of amps...youd really need to just go see for yourself ya know. on YOUR terms, meaning bring your guitar and crank the amps!
Okay okay okay !!!

change the XTCs with .......... Carvin Legacys........... still the 6l6 mid 7 and EL34 mid 5 thing though !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
The different tubes will have different characteristics. You have to choose which will be better for you. From my experiences, EL-34s cut better, but 6L6s are much smoother and at home in the mix. More pleasant.

I'm still planning on it to add some more mids to my recto.....haven't gone through with it yet though.....
What are you replacing it with cobain ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
^ oh I was sayin I want to swap the 6L6's in my Recto with EL34's. I just havnt gotten around to it. Im hoping it will give it smoother sound though.
this week on dr phil: poor rectos. no one wants a recto sound these days...all these people buying uber scooped amps and whining they dont have enough mids... why can't you just appreciate what you have?

I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel

I love my sound! Oh thats what Ill do tomorow while my gf is at work lol..Record new clips!
nice. i'm waiting.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by kurdtkobaign
^ oh I was sayin I want to swap the 6L6's in my Recto with EL34's. I just havnt gotten around to it. Im hoping it will give it smoother sound though.

But, Ibanez4life said that 6L6s are smoother......... it's these kinda things that make me doubt when choosing which one to what with !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Helloo??

Keep the faith, baby!!
They are thinking it is to do with string articulation maybe.

Most advice is bull.

Use your ears, unless you are a mutant.
I'm guessing you prefer the EL34 sound, gringo ?? WHy is that ?

Keep the faith, baby!!