Is a Carvin Legacy Head for $500 bucks a good deal? I know its the amp steve vai uses so im pretty interested.
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
Anyone else?. If i buy this amp now it will leave me broke for like the next to weeks. So wonder if its really worth it.
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
Put it this way...if you buy it for 500, its a good deal. If you dont like it, then you are ahead of the game if you want to sell it. I think you'll like it though. Its a solid rockin head.
yup 500 is a very cheap price for that. its got one of the best clean channels of any high gain amp ive played, and the high gain sound is alot like vais sound, so its kinda love it or hate it. tbh, 500 is a good enough deal that i'd get a thd hot plate with that to fully enjoy the amp--it is far too damn loud cranked.
Thats a great price !
Id take that price in a heartbeat. Is it new or used ??
Im pretty sure its listed at 1200-1500$ on there site.
It's a wonderful amp. You'd be hard pressed to find a better for the price. The lead channel has a VERY distinctive voicing though, so make sure you like it before you buy it.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Thanks guys, i went ahead and bought the head. I couldn't play the actual head since it was off ebay and but ive heard tons of clips of it and i love the sound. Besides me just being a huge steve vai fan i do really like how the lead sounds. Cant wait untill i get it though.
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
Congrats ...ive just recently been exposed to carvins fantastic line of amps and the great value, im looking at an mts cause i dont or wont have enough cash, but 500 used was a steal..good luck
Quote by sleepytone
Thanks guys, i went ahead and bought the head. I couldn't play the actual head since it was off ebay and but ive heard tons of clips of it and i love the sound. Besides me just being a huge steve vai fan i do really like how the lead sounds. Cant wait untill i get it though.

You bastard. I want one.
I plan on buying one sooner or later for lead stuff.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.