I know people always post on here about getting a new guitar and what to get etc, but im a bit different as im left handed and come from a town with 2 guitar shops and not much range at all for right handers, and only about 2 ****tly left hand guitars to choose from. Im getting a new amp soon, a peavey transtube bandit 112 and want to get a new guitar for playing metal/rock.
But i was wondering, what companies make good metal guitars for left handers as i know some dont even make them really. Price is not a big issue, but not too expensive, probably a max of $1600US. Cos im Australian and that is probably about $2000 australian. I was thinking maybe a Fender Strat or a Jackson or ESP?
Any recommendations would be great, especially from lefties.
Thanks guys.
Cheers
The idea of a Fender Strat for metal should be taken out and shot. I myself am left-handed, but I've always played righty. I find it easier for some reason. Jackson and ESP make great metal guitars, so if you can find them in left-handed models, I say go for it.
i wasonly really thinking of the fender because i know it comes in left handed, but im really leanign towards the Jacksons and ESP's so ill have a look. Any other comments would be great.
Fender Fat Strats are good for metal/rock, you may need to change the humbucker but still, good guitars

but yeah an ESP or Jackson would be best
I'd say Ibanez but they ar eprobably more for shred cos the necks are thinner and the stock pickups are never usually that great so if you got one you'd need a change
hmmm dont know of that many ESP in left hand model. but probably could get an LTD Deluxe with that much money also you could get a left handed Schecter as well so check them out as well
Being a lefty myself, I feel your pain. I have found that Schecter has quite a lot of lefty models. ESP/LTD have a couple, but they're either the top of the line, or the cheapest ones...nothing in the middle. Ibanez also has a few as well. (The RG1570 comes in left)
Quote by azn_guitarist25
hmmm dont know of that many ESP in left hand model. but probably could get an LTD Deluxe with that much money also you could get a left handed Schecter as well so check them out as well

I think some LTDs come lefty. I know a kid with a lefty KH202.

But then again, they suck...
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
I think some LTDs come lefty. I know a kid with a lefty KH202.

But then again, they suck...

yeh but i meant ESP as in ESP Standard Series and above the other alternative is to Custom Order one although it may not be that smart of a move
if you can spend around 1600 us dollars and dont mind investing some time, look into warmoth or carvin
Well I'm a lefty too and got lucky and found a fender american strat at my local shop for only $450. But onto what you can get now...... take a look at these.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/left-handed-electric-guitar?N=100001%2b306248&Ns=P_RatingOverall%7c1&g=guitar&page=1

I personally would recommend a an SG standard especially for what you play.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-SG-Standard-LeftHanded-Electric-Guitar?sku=517266