I have had my Vox AD30-VT for only a month now and the input socket has broken 3 TIMES!!! When you put the lead in it all falls into the amp! I'm not being heavy handed or anything as I only really use it at home... Has anyone else had this problem or a similar one with a similar amp? PLEASE HELP I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO EVERYTIME I TAKE IT BACK TO WHERE I BOUGHT IT THE REPAIR WORK IT SH1T!!!
My Gear :-

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Black Beauty
Vintage VS6
Stagg S302
Yamaha F-310
Laney HCM10
Carlsbro Scorpion L
Vox AD-30VT
Wesley Gothic White Bass
Boss ME-50
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Get them to replace the amp.

This problem has happened with q a lot of Valvetronix owners.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Wow, I've never had that problem. Tighten the screw on the ouside of the input, and stop taking it to the same place if it breaks again. They're probably causing the problem. But mine never has done that before. Can you explain in detail what actually happens, with pics possibly?
Quote by Triggerishappy
I have had my Vox AD30-VT for only a month now and the input socket has broken 3 TIMES!!! When you put the lead in it all falls into the amp! I'm not being heavy handed or anything as I only really use it at home... Has anyone else had this problem or a similar one with a similar amp? PLEASE HELP I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO EVERYTIME I TAKE IT BACK TO WHERE I BOUGHT IT THE REPAIR WORK IT SH1T!!!

It has also happened to me 3 times. I hate the amp SO much.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
If they aren't going to replace it, maybe try a locking washer this time. I've heard of other people having that problem too with that amp. They are only pennies at a hardware store, and they can help a lot with nuts loosening on their own.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I have it and nothing has gone wrong with mine, I'd return it and if they don't take it yelll alot and cuss, I've seen this work so many times at my job.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
i have this amp as well ive heard about your problem a lot but luckily it hasnt happened tomine, maybe tighten the input jack
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
what happens is you only think you are puting it strait in when actually you are putting it in at an angle, this causes it to break off from the inside, just be carefull to get it strait in, without any angle, and youll be fine.

edit: do you actually have the 50w version or do you have the 30? theres no difference but you neednt lie in your sig about your gear......
Quote by sempri_fi
edit: do you actually have the 50w version or do you have the 30? theres no difference but you neednt lie in your sig about your gear......

...and he quietly changes his sig to 30w.
Smoooooth.
^ha called him out on that one, totall pwnage, but actually i have the 50w version and (naturally) ive taken it apart and that input jack is really half assed, its all plasic and mounted to a pcb, but its all hard plastic on metal, vox was just asking for trouble.
yeah, they must know about this problem. i see one of these a month.

like said. make them fix it again. this time they should add a locking/gripping washer.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011