Poll: Which Amp?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Amp?
Carvin Mastertube Series
12 71%
Traynor YCV50 Blue
5 29%
Voters: 17.
Basically ive narrowed down my amp search to 2 amps...the Traynor YVC50 Blue, or a Carvin MTS 2x12 combo...im mainly looking for a high gain channel, but not too much, trivium tones/all that remains/bodom...both are 50watts tube (the carvin has the switch to go to 100)..anyways any advice would be great thanks..
carvin kills. you literally can't get a better amp for the money.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
joe sit?

if you mean satriani, he uses peavey. it may be a different joe sit. though.

EDIT: however, steve vai does use carvin.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
yeah i was thinking the carvin too..i do like traynors, but fro the clips ive heard the carvin has more gain..
1 other question, the footswitch doesnt come with the carvin, and its 30 U.S, which i guess isnt too bad, should i buy that, or can u get a cheaper footswitch off ebay or something? (even though i know 30 isnt too bad)
Just get the footswitch, but have you actually tried out the amp yet? If not, go! Go now.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i dont think their sold in shops, and im in canada, so thats the tough one...
Travel? Or think about one before you go to sleep and hope to dream of one, and then you could chance that it'd sound exactly like that in your dream?
Don't be afraid to care"

haha i heard some soundclips..although they sounded like they needed more EQ tweaking, it sounded like the cleans were phenomenal, and the gain can get to sound pretty dark..so im liking that..
I have a question, is 50 watts tube going to be over bearing for my house, I dont quite have the money for an attenuator yet but will look into one soon after i buy the MTS, itll be in my basement, and I usually only plug in when no1 else is home?
It'll mean you can't crank it, but you don't always have to pay it super loud.

And if you usually play when people aren't home, you can crank it then.
Don't be afraid to care"