looks pretty authentic but too check just send Fender a quick email with the serial no. and see if it checks out
I didn't think Gretsch guitars were made in Korea. But the guys feedback is real good, so I don't know.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
The gretsch electromatic series is made in Korea I believe. They are about £500-600 in England so it's a good deal as far as i'm aware.
I think i am going to buy it. I have reasearched it and everything. i E-mailed them, they said its authentic as far as they can tell. Any reason i should change my mind before i buy?
Quote by Sabbz
I think i am going to buy it. I have reasearched it and everything. i E-mailed them, they said its authentic as far as they can tell. Any reason i should change my mind before i buy?

No, buy it.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
thats the standard gretsch not too sure about being made in korea but you can pick them up for much cheaper than that....NEW
^no you're certainly not! (in your vids you look pretty young, but that hasn't got anything to do with it )

I think thatguy147 thought the description stated that it was a White Falcon, but it doesn't (it says it looks like one in a way, and that for the price you won't find anything closer to it).

Oh, thatguy147, one more thing : White FalCON, not Falcoln.
Last edited by JorisBlack at Oct 1, 2006,
What was that about emailing fender???

im mad confused, is gretsch a division of fender????????
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
from the Fender site (resources --> Fender history) :

"Corporate headquarters is located in Scottsdale, Ariz., U.S.A., with manufacturing headquarters and the Fender Custom Shop in Corona, Calif. FMIC markets using the brand names Fender®, Charvel®, Gretsch®, Guild®, Jackson®, Olympia®, Orpheum®, Squier®, SWR® and Tacoma®. For more information, contact Fender Musical Instruments Corporation, 8860 E. Chaparral Road, Suite 100, Scottsdale, Ariz. 85250, Ph: 480.596.9690."

So I guess they all work together..or something like that.
Yeah Fender owns like all of those companies now, but they keep all of the company's teams around so it's not like Jacksons are being made by the guys at Fender.

And congrats on the guitar. The Electromaic I've played was an awesome guitar.
I'd love a White Falcon but the price is outta my reach.
it sure looks real, they show a pic of the serial number, and it's handwritten, so it must be good.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Fender distributes Gretsch guitars. They don't manufacture or completely own Gretsch.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Now why do you need a white falcon when you do Greenday covers?

Dude, Green Day is far from what i play. Yes, i recorded a few of them because i had backing tracks to them and i wanted to hear what it sounded like. My guitar style is rockabilly / psychobilly. Bands like Stray Cats, The Living End etc. That kind of music. My Les Paul can't get that nice twangy sound. BTW its an Electromatic, not a White Falcon. I wish it was a white falcon though.