Heres the situation, my buddy has this band and i LOVE their music.
I really want to be in the band, and they could possibly be looking for a new guitarist soon,
Im much better than their current guitarist and the screamer/singer notices that, and he's hinted at times that he wants me in.
Except now their band is starting to take off and im not sure if they're willing to **** around with the band.

But i feel i would be a much better fit and i would help the band out way more than the other guitarist.

How do i non-challantly(sp?) mention that i want to be in, without sounding like a dick who's trying to break up a band ?
ps: The rest of the band is getting sick of the other guitarist too. its just the fact that there doing really well that is keeping him in,
Learn all there songs and then when they go to play a show put laxitives in his drink... he'll be in there crapin' like mad while you can jump out and say 'Hey i'll play for you in his place 'cause he ain't comin' back' Then they'll see your a better guitarist and you'll be in...

But really... Just bide your time and when they kick him out make sure you are 110% ready to take his place.
yer like a rythem guitarest, and wen they see how gd you are at that, then there bound to kick out the other guy. u could also drop hints like play really good solos or riffs that the other guitarest cant. aslong as u dont suggest to them that they should kick him out then u should be kool. -chris-
Quote by chriskent4687
yer like a rythem guitarest, and wen they see how gd you are at that, then there bound to kick out the other guy. u could also drop hints like play really good solos or riffs that the other guitarest cant. aslong as u dont suggest to them that they should kick him out then u should be kool. -chris-

Im not a rhthym player, im a lead player.
I play stuff like Children Of Bodom , Yngwie Malmsteen, Batio, etc.
Mostly shred and metal.

But yes i play around the singer/guitarist all the time ( He sits beside me in my guitar class )
And he has mentioned that his guitarist is being stupid and how me and him should jam and write some songs.
I just dont know how to go about saying like " Hey , i really want to be in your band, and i think that im the guy best suited for the job "
without sounding like a dick trying to force his way into a position.
Definitly just jam with those guys and if their is chemistry it will happen.
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
I sure hope so, me and the Singer/Rhthym have great time together and we've written some stuff now.
And the drummer has also said that we should all jam sometime.
Im just a very....I dont know.
I usually need to have definate plans and stuff, i hate playing things by ear.
So i want to know if they would want me in the band or not.

Its just they finished recording and their having their stuff sent out to alot of major labels, and its looking really good, So i doubt theyd want to change their band around if their so close.
F*uck it man. just start your own band and if your good enough they'll be beggin to get into it.
The screamer is a guitarist and they have a guy on backup vox who plays guitar.
The backup singer and other guitarist is the one being stupid.
I dont need to tell him what he's doing wrong,
Im actually hoping he messes up so i can have a chance to get in.

Oh well, im sure i will know by the end of this weekend whether or not i can possibly be in.
Stop being a jerk. You're trying to force a guitarist/backup singer out of a band. Just start your own band and respect your fellow musicians. You said the band is starting to get successful, so they might not need you. Not every band member has to be a virtuoso to be successful. Their rythym guitarist is a musician, just like you, so respect him.
Last edited by lespaul_rentals at Sep 29, 2006,
-90% of bands wont give a **** that your a better musician.

-you said that the guy your looking to replace does backup vox. can you sing?

god damn i hate dicks
you hate dicks? homophobe! nah, jk lol. But if you happen to be friends with someone in the band, and you get time alone or something, ask if you wanna jam or something, and if he feels chemistry, he might talk it over with his band, and if its meant to be, it might happen </cheese>.

Or start your own band! If you're good enough, people will come flocking!
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
god damn i hate dicks

*wakes up with morning wood* "what the f*** is that! oh! its you again! take this!" *smacks morning wood really hard* "son of a bitch! why do you torture me!!"

but seriously. i might have some ideas... one, DONT TRY AND BREAK UP THE BAND! but if you must, ive seen tons of famous bands that changed a musician in the beginning before they got all famous, and no one cared. so do this. go to all their gigs, shows, etc. help them with stuff all the time. if they go on the road, which they might be considering if they are sending albums out, ask to go on the road with them, like a backup guitarist or something. but thats last resort like if you're too late to get in before they go. or you could saboutage the crappy guitarist, like ummm, i dunno actually. im not an expert in BREAKING UP SUCCESSFUL BANDS!

i mean think about it... in a day or two we are gonna have a thread saying "this guy one of my band members knows is trying to get me kicked out.. im a big part of this band, and was there from the beginning.. how do i get rid of this guy?" now how noble does your cause seem?
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
*wakes up with morning wood* "what the f*** is that! oh! its you again! take this!" *smacks morning wood really hard* "son of a bitch! why do you torture me!!"

Sigged lmao

anyways ... if you are right for the band then they should see that your better for it