Alright, so today at lunch i figured at what the hell ill go to the local shop and see if there has been anything new in..nope...same old stuff, he has had this Laney there for awhile, but i only checked it out today...and it looks really nice...i cant remmber the model number, but on the tag it says "Laney Half Cab"...and there is a head and a cab there, celestion speakers i think, and its for 799 (CAD), does anyone know what model this is?...and what its like?...my styles are Thrash/Heavy metal, and blues...and classic rock, that should do it. So does anyone know what model it is.../what its like?

PS: Ill keep looking for the model, if i find it, ill edit my post with a link to it...the Laney site doesnt want to work for me though

EDIT: Yeah i think i found it...http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=DEAL025

Im not POSITIVE that that is the model, but it looks alot like it...and once you do the money exchanging and add a little more for the music shop, it will be pretty close to 800 bucks no?...so anyway, what does UG think about this amp for Brads style?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Last edited by The_Hell_Patrol at Sep 29, 2006,
Hey mate,

Honestly, my cousin had a smaller version of that amp - it wasnt that bad, but you could get something soooo much better. Its honestly an SS POS aimed for posers who want a half stack but dont really know anything about guitar. If I was you, I would save up some more $$$ and get a tube combo or something. Also look at the Laney GH50L all tube head and cab. Last time I checked, it was pretty cheap - 50W and all tube! now thats a half stack you can be proud of!!!

It would absoloutley KILL that MXD one man...... If you want to know what the GH50L sounds like - check out OPETH - songs like demon of the fall, baying of the hounds or master's apprentices or somethings heavy like those by opeth. Really drak distortion = nice!! They use the GH100L with marshall 1960A cabs I believe - well they did when I wne to see them

Also look on ebay for them - they usually pop up pretty cheap!

Good luck with it mate,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Alright, thanks, its just that this is the only decent amp he has there...the others are Marshall MG's...he has one of those nice Ibanez Half Stacks though, anyone know about them?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

^ The tone blaster or Thermion? If its a tone blaster they're not bad but you can still do better. + I've never heard a thermion before so try it out yourself if it is.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Im not sure which model...it has the silver-ish mesh stuff on the front though, not the black..help any?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Hey,

Is it this one;

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-TB100H-Tone-Blaster-100W-Guitar-Head?sku=480292

or this one;

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-TN120-Thermion-All-Tube-Guitar-Head?sku=480284

I'm assuming its the first one, because of the price range you're talking. I'm honestly not sure about it - but read some of the reviews on MF and also look on harmony central. I think you'd be best trying the amp out first if possible - or trying to see if theres anyone on UG that can help.
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9