Does anybody know how metallica get there crunch effects in master of puppets? IE what are there delay and or reverb settings and what amp settings and effects are used? if you can help i would be very gratefull.
Pip the even younger

My gear:

Stagg x300 black

boss me 33

marshall mg 30 dfx
I'm not sure if they even use delay or reverb on the song, but I always tell people that the heaviest sound you're gonna get is by using these settings:

Low-10
Mid-0
High-10

they use a compressor in MOP.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
and don't forget a Mesa Dual Rectifier and EMG pickups help...
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
Quote by supermc
and don't forget a Mesa Dual Rectifier and EMG pickups help...

Except that's not what they used.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Except that's not what they used.

Very true, sorry, totally forgot, but that is what they use live so i guess it depends on what he wants

but one things for sure, and I know from personal experience, he aint gonna get a MOP tone with a Marshall MG
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

Quote by supermc
Very true, sorry, totally forgot, but that is what they use live so i guess it depends on what he wants

but one things for sure, and I know from personal experience, he aint gonna get a MOP tone with a Marshall MG

Very true
I think they used Marshall and Mesa and slaved one through the other.......though I can't remember anything beyond that.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
cool

If it helps any (any it probably doesn't) this is the setting i use on my MG to get the closest thing i can find to anything like a metallica tone

Bass 7/10
Mids 2/10
Treb 7/10
Reverb 2/10

Gain 7/10

It sounds ok i guess...try it anyway since you have an MG
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

Thanks for the advice it helped a lot.
Pip the even younger

My gear:

Stagg x300 black

boss me 33

marshall mg 30 dfx