Hey guys. I need to pay for college so I'm listing my GIBSON E/2 explorer (same exact model lead singer of Coheed and Cambria, Claudio Sanchez uses). I will post pics when I get home in a couple of hours. I'm just posting this now while I'm waiting for my next class.

This is definately a 26 Year old guitar it is not in Pristine Condition. Natural Nitro Finish. Some of the Finish is wearing off the back and there are dings here and there. But hey if you like the Relic thing it's done for you! This is how I got it. From what I know I am the second owner. The tech that I had set it up and do all the upgrades to says it is a Walnut/Mahogany/Maple body with a Laminated 3 Piece Maple/Mahogany Neck. The Fingerboard is Ebony.

What Upgrades you ask: I put on a Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Set (JB is Zebra, and the Jazz is Gold Covered), Tonepros Locking Bridge, Grover Locking Tuners, New Bone But (old one was brass ick). All the electronics/pots are new as well because when I got it some idiot was using EMG pots with Dimarzio X2N in the bridge. The action is about medium-low, not too low, and not too high. Also I got a new pickguard b/w/b from www.terrapinguitars.com cut specifically for the guitar. I also have the old just plain black pickguard as well. Also I had added Dunlop Strap Locks but I might not have the part that connects to the strap. I also have some of the original hardware it came with which includes, a Gibson Tp6 Bridge and Saddle, Schaller Gold Tuners, Dimarzio X2N, and Seymour Duncan Invader Neck.

So basically you have a well aged 26 year old guitar, that plays beautiful, looks beautiful despite the player's wear (which I will get pictures of ASAP), and has all the upgrades you could want on it.

The guitar will come in a Gibson Hardshell Case with Pink Interior (which isn't in pristine condition either but not bad at all I will also get pictures of it ASAP.) I don't have much experience shipping guitars but I will have UPS or Fedex or whichever you prefer do it themselves. I will pack the hardshell case too to make sure it doesn't move around in the case.

How much? I'm hoping to get 950 or best offer. Not really looking for any trades as I need the cash. Please only serious offers, and feel free to contact me with any questions. I bought this for 980 from www.guitarcity.biz, and put over $400-500 worth of upgrades. This is definately a deal for whoever grabs it.
i doubt you'll get that much, i was trying to sell an 84 all original, and i barely got 500 for it. yeah, theres some upgrades, but 950? i doubt it. i still want to see it, im an explorer fan.
Guitars
Fender Telecaster 72 deluxe reissue
BCRich Neckthru mockingbird w/ floyd
Franken Strat, that i built
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums
Mapex Pro M classic Sabian AA/Paiste 2002 cymbals Iron Cobra
Idk I believe you got ripped man. I mean sure my local guitar store offered me $350 in which case I laughed in the guy's face and walked out (It's a small store). I recently went to a guitar show in Saratoga where multiple dealers appraised an all original one at 1,200.
mine even had the kahler and dirty fingers pickups. Its all about what some one will pay for it, not what the appraisers will tell you. mine wasnt even in terrible shape either..
Guitars
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums
Quote by AcDc_1337
mine even had the kahler and dirty fingers pickups. Its all about what some one will pay for it, not what the appraisers will tell you. mine wasnt even in terrible shape either..

i sold mine for over a grand on ebay.
thats because it was an E2. mine was just a regular explorer. with a black finish. that was probably maple cap, burst or burly. just depends on what someone will pay for it.
Guitars
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums
Shoot me a PM when you get pictures...I may be interested, thanks.
this is an OLD thread.
Guitars
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums
Quote by AcDc_1337
this is an OLD thread.

How the Hell did a post from '04 get bumped up to the top page?
its only 4 months old not 3 years
Guitars
Amp
Crate V50 5212
Drums