I'm very surprised at the lack of love this metal forum has shown for D.R.I. They were a very early thrash band, and are still technically together, although how Spike comes out of his cancer episode could end it. They're more of a "punk" or "crossover" type thrash, not as much metal, although some of their albums are pretty much pure metal. You can download like 30 songs from their site. Don't judge them by one song, download a few before you form an opinion.

Any thoughts?
I ****in love DRI, Five Year Plan, Violent Pacifaction, Snap, Nursing Home Blues. All great songs.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Loves em.

They don't really have a thread around because the thrash thread was recently retired. In fact, a lot of great thrash bands don't have a thread yet.
Quote by Impaler
Crossover and Thrash zone are great. Great riffs.

Definitely. "Hooked" and "Fun and Games" are some of my favorite DRI riffs.

Also, has anyone heard the song "Guilt Trip" off Definition? Tell me if you think the beginning sounds like a sinister version of "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Aren't they hardcore?

I would call them thrash/punk/metal. I could see where you'd come from with hardcore, but I'd put them here or in the punk forum. They don't really fit in with any of the stuff in the hardcore forum.
Not bad at all. Ill check them out more properly soon.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
how can people not love the D.R.I. still an amazing band and from recently what ive heard is spike is fine and they should be touring sometime this year...hooray!
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by hardrock1315
I would call them thrash/punk/metal. I could see where you'd come from with hardcore, but I'd put them here or in the punk forum. They don't really fit in with any of the stuff in the hardcore forum.

Thrash is hardcore, hardcore is punk. If Metal wasn't so busy Hardcore wouldn't be full of ****ty metal bands, so don't judge the forum (or the genre) based on a million generic metalcore bands.

Anyways, much love for DRI.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
yah they awesome i saw on some sight where u can dl their live show from a couple years back but i lost it :'(
Dick+strings= owww
I'm definitely skeptical, but yes;

WOO!
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Fvck yess!!!

D.R.I. are one of my favorite (the best ever) hardcore punk bands to exist. I haven't heard much of the crossover stuff though.

Thousands of us sent off to die
Never really knowing why
**** the system they can have me
I don't need society
I don't need society
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

punk forum --->
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
No, because they were eventually crossover thrash/thrash metal.

erg derpedy derp dumb

Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

I only have the Dirty Rotten LP but it's pretty good. I should hunt down some of their crossover stuff sometime.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Get Dealing With It.

Best album of theirs, and it has Counter Attack on it, so why not?
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
BENEATH
THUH
REMA-

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEL
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Thrash Zone is pretty cool, other than that - nothing amazing.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Slay is right, Counter Attack rules so hard.

*breath*
your number's up you have to go the system says i told you so stocked on a plane like a truckload of cattle sent off to slaughter in a useless battle thousands of us sent off to die never knowing knowing why fuck the system they can't have me i don't need society I DON'T NEED SOCIETY!!!
*wirrr wiiiir*
FUCK YOUUUU!!!!

*end*

oh and this video rules as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yn68eGDZL4
Last edited by tehbensonzorz at Aug 3, 2009,
Quote by tehbensonzorz
Slay is right, Counter Attack rules so hard.

*breath*
your number's up you have to go the system says i told you so stocked on a plane like a truckload of cattle sent off to slaughter in a useless battle thousands of us sent off to die never knowing knowing why fuck the system they can't have me i don't need society I DON'T NEED SOCIETY!!!
*wirrr wiiiir*
FUCK YOUUUU!!!!

*end*

oh and this video rules as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yn68eGDZL4

Fvck yes "I Don't Need Society" is so amazing, probably my favorite song of theirs. Though every song on the first two records slays.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

The version on Dealing With It is lame. Kurt must of felt left out during the intro so he had to ruin it.
The version on Dirty Rotten is indeed better, but Dealing With it as an album is quality thrashcore.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

I love D.R.I.

The Dirty Rotten LP and Dealing With It are amazing.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
wow it seems you guys really like em. i'll give em a listen.

EDIT: i tried downloading some of their songs off the website and none of them work... wtf.
Go Veg.
Last edited by im not mental at Aug 5, 2009,
Well duh, thethe guyth are thooper hardcore.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -