Page 1 of 2
It sounds pretty good, can't wait to hear the finished project.
Thanks, guys. I'll definitely keep posting more as I write it. Thanks for checking it out. Currently finishing up the 2nd solo and I have a few ideas for Section III.
Ok. I've been working on this some more. I finished the 2nd solo, got Section III written and I got the first four measures of the 3rd solo. So, check it out. And I'm currently writing the rest of the 3rd solo and Section IV, so that should be up soon.

:EDIT: Posted wrong version. Silly me.
Attachments:
Dreams of Eternal Rest.zip
Last edited by Nunwhxre 666 at Sep 29, 2006,
Soundin good man, soundin good..I have a feeling this is gonna be an awesome song when it's through.
Hm that was pretty good. Loved the intro. I don't know, I didn't really like section B that much, it's too loud, maybe? Part C was alright... And I really liked part D and E. Can't wait till it's finished.
Pretty much done now. I have Section IV written. I have it as the outro right now, because I don't know if there is going to be a Section V. There might, there might not be. But, this is pretty much it for the time being.
Attachments:
Dreams of Eternal Rest.zip
Sounds good, man. I liked the third section the best where you had the 16th note clicks. Nice job tying all the sections together. Overall, nice work.

Care to crit some of mine? Links are in my sig, and the newest stuff is at the bottom.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Nice, it got my attention and held it, just barely, but doing that at all is a great feat. The intro solo is nice, you resolve it though and it breaks all the tension, you let it rest for a bar or two before going into the next part.
cool. The solos are all pretty cool. the only thing i would change is when the bends bend up slowly id do them faster
Quote by masterohumans
there is something wrong with you that has nothing to do with that instrument you want to build.
It was pretty cool. Some parts seemed a little annoying to me at times though. the leads were pretty cool as well. nice job
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

pretty damn sick, the solo is awesome, and section ii is leading to somewhere great
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
ahh nice stuff you got there man.

starts off with a very sad depressing melody, but soon kicks into gear with the heavier stuff. i love the way you handled the leads in the song, everything matches together very well.

as for some criticism,well the IV sounded a bit bland i guess. but that's just a mior point

nice work, keep it up.
Yeah, Section IV was supposed to be like..a build up for the fade out measures. But, it didn't work very well. But, thanks for the crit.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
I didn't really like the solo in section I, but the rythym guitar and bass were great

LOVED section II, great riff there, and a very well written solo

I think you need to work on the first couple of bars during the third solo.

Section IV, another well written part, but i think the arpeggios are too clashy

Overall, pretty good, 7/10

crit mine? (in sig)
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'm homeschooled because I got tired of the corporate conformist administration.

So I have a pretty crime free school, unless i decide to kill someone.

The Search [GP5] C4C
Awesome. Section two was really intense. I especially liked when you landed on the dorian 6 (major 6 over a minor chord), that's pretty much my favorite note (when used correctly).
I thought it was really good

but i would recommend changing the Pinch Harmonic at the end of the Sec2 repeat sign to a D...

Crit mine?

Jazz Comp
Last edited by fav13andac1)c at Nov 15, 2006,
I'm impressed that you could do this with such an odd tuning. The only problem was that it seemed to create dissonance where it just didn't seem to belong. Don't get me wrong, dissonance is great; but this reminds me of a "not at horrible" version of my "The Dark Streets of Paris" song, where pretty much everything was dissonant. Oh, that was a bad one.

The solos were pretty cool, too. And ... overall, I liked the heavier parts better. The rhythm for the slower parts, I just feel like I've heard it a billion times.
Yeah, it's not a very original chord progression. But, I suck at those. So I had to deal with what I was capable of. And I wanted to do something different with the tuning. Everyone uses standard and dropped D all the time. They practically abuse it. You never see 2-Steps Down used much, so I gave it a shot and I was pretty happy with how it turned out.
Quote by 1201ZJ

Quote by EchoxOath
Amazing. I'm a huge fan of this song.. The first Minute and 15 seconds are possibly the great minute and fifteen seconds of music I've ever heard.. After that is killer, too, but nothing compares to that amazing intro This song was my inspiration to write a song with a piano intro, btw.

9.9/10

God-like.
Thanks man. You should check out some of my other work. I personally prefer my songs Forever In My Heart and my Folk Metal Guitar Peice over this. Check them out sometime.
Quote by 1201ZJ

Quote by EchoxOath
yeah well i'm going to have to disagree with everybody. this sounds like shit. one what it with all this guitar pro stuff. it ain't real music. two it sounds like of folk crap. who knows if you could even play this. Become a real musician then post something up.
Quote by ToPher4life
yeah well i'm going to have to disagree with everybody. this sounds like shit. one what it with all this guitar pro stuff. it ain't real music. two it sounds like of folk crap. who knows if you could even play this. Become a real musician then post something up.

This is the "Tabs" forum, that's why it's all guitar pro... And just because it's not in standard notation doesn't mean it's "not music", Ron Jarzombek (Of Watchtower, Spastic Ink, etc.., Who>>>>>>>>>>>>>You at guitar and music in general, and is one of the most talented guitarists alive) and several other guitarists use tab in their song-writting process, etc. It's just easier, it doesn't mean they know any less about theory, just that writting music out in standard notation is a bitch and tabs' easier to work with IMO (I know how to read music when I have to, I just prefer tab).
Quote by ToPher4life

Was that really necessary? If you don't like something, that doesn't mean you have to sound like a ****ing prick saying it. You could have at least said it in a nicer manner, or better yet, kept your ****ing mouth shut.

Now, see what you did? You have me losing my cool and sounding all rude. Way to **** up a guy's good mood.

:EDIT: And to Hallow's Eve, thanks for standing up and saying something to that ignorant prick. Appreciate it.
Quote by 1201ZJ

Quote by EchoxOath
well Hallows_Eve i get what you mean and i agree, but anybody can do this and not have the ability to play it. It seperates knowlege with talent. Get me. and Nunwhxre 666 you can kiss my ass. i don't give a shit what kind of mood your in, Crit is crit no matter how it comes. your right i could have made it nicer, but my point was heard and thats what i wanted
Well, I can play this. I wish I had the mic to record some of my material , but I don't. And I'm not going to go out of my way just to prove myself you or anyone for that matter. So, choose to believe it or not. Doesn't matter to me. All I'm saying is, you could have been nicer about how you critted this.

Now, let's drop this bullshit before they close my thread.
Quote by 1201ZJ

Quote by EchoxOath
Hmmm I liked it, the parts I had issues with. Is the artifical harmonic in section two and the end seemed rather boring, if you sped up the end it would sound a lot more interesting.
From a first glance I'd say be more adventurous with the piano (I do know that tab isn't meant for piano though), but don't have it doubling a guitar part note for note, it's a tad pointless and only serves for fattening the sound.
Seemed a bit samey samey, I did enjoy the solos but the tonality stayed the same throughout the piece, making it grow complacent. Maybe add a key change or a different chord progression not entirely centered on F minor.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
From a first glance I'd say be more adventurous with the piano (I do know that tab isn't meant for piano though), but don't have it doubling a guitar part note for note, it's a tad pointless and only serves for fattening the sound.

Well, that's what the piano was for. It wasn't supposed to actually have a piano in the song. I was hoping it would thicken the sound of the acoustic.
Quote by 1201ZJ

Quote by EchoxOath
Quote by ToPher4life

What tha **** is wrong with you. Ok, if you think this is not music, then give us an example of what do you think is music. You moron.
hey man thanx for the crit

I listened to all of yours and i really liked this one so i thought i'd give it a crit

I really liked the intro chord progression (very unique use of both major and minor thirds in the last measure!) and the solos, overall very good!
awesome. i liked the intro solo and the heavy riff in the 2nd part. the pinch harmonic did sound a bit off though.
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
Page 1 of 2