Do you think Dean and other guitar companies sre just milking Dime's death for all it's worth? Yea most of the products are in his memory, but did develop a lot of products that seem a little useless or irrelavant to what Dime actually used. The dean Dime series guitars are allright. But what about others, like the Dean Razorback bass, and some of the pedals that have come back. Can this be said the same for other deceased artists like Hendrix, Rhoads etc.

Discuss ^_^
My Gear:

Jackson DXMG
Jackson KVX10
Hoyer Acoustic
Randall RG100ES
ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Crybaby

WARNING!: Every thread i touch dies.......
I won't buy a Dean Razorback just becuase Dime died, although I want the regular ML withthe rebel flag on it or just a ML becuase they look cool. They are milking his death becuase its buisness. I have a Rhoads V and it looks killer and it plays great, thats why I first wanted it before I even knew who Rhoads was. After I found out about him I really like him but too many kids are like "Syns fro A7X uses this Schecter so it must be awsome. I want to get it becuase he is my favorite guitar player." Thats stupid, who plays a guitar shouldn't matter but making aritist singnature series makes a lot of money for companies off of kids like ^.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Well, basically yeah, companies will be seen to milking it no matter how small and item it is, there is no need for the number of guitars dedicated to him!

I am very surprised there is no series of polka dot V's for Randy Rhoads, maybe someone will get onto it one day.

If nobody buys the stuff though at the end of the day, I doubt Dean will keep on making them,

And we must remember that Dimebag used the Dean guitars and made a lot of money for himself and a reputation by using those guitars (as well as his ability), so it is a two way street...

That's what I think anyways.
Kustom and Dean are both making a lot of money at guitar players trying to sound/look like dime. Though, i definitely wouldn't mind a razorback or a razorback V, because they both look and sound badass.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
I won't buy a Dean Razorback just becuase Dime died, although I want the regular ML withthe rebel flag on it or just a ML becuase they look cool. They are milking his death becuase its buisness. I have a Rhoads V and it looks killer and it plays great, thats why I first wanted it before I even knew who Rhoads was. After I found out about him I really like him but too many kids are like "Syns fro A7X uses this Schecter so it must be awsome. I want to get it becuase he is my favorite guitar player." Thats stupid, who plays a guitar shouldn't matter but making aritist singnature series makes a lot of money for companies off of kids like ^.

Yea, truly, people shouldnt buy a guitar for the name on it, they should do that based on pref. Essentially being there own guitarist not another corporate pawn, if thisd hapen we'd have alot less posers and counterfeits.
My Gear:

Jackson DXMG
Jackson KVX10
Hoyer Acoustic
Randall RG100ES
ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Crybaby

Great guitar player+Tragic Death= MONEY!!!!

Also for a limited time(17 years to be exact), I am selling Dimebag Darrel Shotglasses! Buy one While The Supply(All 134,586,724 shotglasses) lasts. Call me At 1-800-BUYADEANDIMEBAGDARRELLSHOTGLASS to get yours today!
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
bump
My Gear:

Jackson DXMG
Jackson KVX10
Hoyer Acoustic
Randall RG100ES
ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Crybaby

Well I think all the new guitars, products, amps etc. make dimebags death like a comercial boost, They saw the opertunity to gain more money out of dime bag fans to buy he's "guitar" thinking they could play like him...its bull****.. I love he's guitar and will buy the dime-o-flame but releasing the guitars after he's death is just smart marketing for them...

that prolly made no sense
Quote by Jaffaps2

I am very surprised there is no series of polka dot V's for Randy Rhoads, maybe someone will get onto it one day.

i think they did. i swear i saw one on musicians friend a while ago, it was a black v with white polka dots
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
a lot of the guitars they make are good though. i mean, if all the guitars were crap, then i could see a point in whining about it. but i played a dime o flame the other day and it was awesome. makes me want a razorback v even more. which, by the way, i dont think dime designed. that is definitley some way that they are trying to make money off his name.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SGRipper
Do you think Dean and other guitar companies sre just milking Dime's death for all it's worth? Yea most of the products are in his memory, but did develop a lot of products that seem a little useless or irrelavant to what Dime actually used. The dean Dime series guitars are allright. But what about others, like the Dean Razorback bass, and some of the pedals that have come back. Can this be said the same for other deceased artists like Hendrix, Rhoads etc.

Discuss ^_^

Of course money making is involved. That's what capitalism is all about. You buy their CD's even more after they die, so why not do the same with gadgets that made them sound the way they did? Its a shame, yes, but in Dime's case, the Razorback was something that he actually developed with Dean shortly before his death and fully planned on playing, he even had one custom-made for Zakk Wylde with a bullseye on it, I'm sure some of you have seen the Headbanger'sBall short. Its really a pretty nice guitar and a buddy of mine, a diehard Dime fan, actually ordered one from a catalog, a green bumblebee one with a razor inlay. It plays really well! If I had the money for one right now, I'd get it. And I actually checked out the Hendrix pedal from Digitech - the thing is pretty goddamn versatile, even if you aren't trying to sound like Jimmy.
do you thin Dean owns his name and picture (dime bag)
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Vadim Von
but in Dime's case, the Razorback was something that he actually developed with Dean shortly before his death and fully planned on playing

yea, i think it's the same thing with randy rhoads and jackson RR...
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
I do think Dean and Krank are capitalizing on Dimebag. I wouldn't really mind either if Krank amps actually sounded good and were chepaer. Or if the Dime-o-whatever didn't cost $300 to $500 more than a ML without Dime in the name.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?