Who else likes it? i do and i know i'm one of the only kids that do. i find it very soothing...opinions?
Some of it kills...Some of it sucks.

Really, Bob Marley was poetic, prophetic, and an extremely talented songwriter. I can appreciate his contribution to the music world.

Reggae, like a lot of ghetto music (blues, rap, punk, etc...) is rarely respected for its artistic merit. It is often overshadowed by style and the culture involved. It's pumped up with media hype, and only a few stars are born from hundreds of innovative minds.

It is good though. Makes me want to get high, take off my shoes and play guitar on a sunny beach while a native feeds me slices of mangos fresh off the tree.
Abyssinians
Aswad
Peter Tosh
Steel Pulse
Inner Circle

some good ones. I love reggae. Really peaceful music.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
I doubt you're the only one you know who likes reggae. Around here it's tough finding someone that doesn't like Bob Marley. I mean he's really really good, but people completely overhype him and see him in a different way than he was meant to be seen. People see him as a symbol of pot smoking, when he was really a symbol of revolution.

And for some great reggae to add to kirkisking's list, try Jimmy Cliff, Chris Murray, and the Aggrolites.
The Abyssinians
Black Uhuru
Big Red (Ragga)
Daddy Morry (Ragga)
Desmond Dekker
Jimmy Cliff
Lee 'Scratch' Perry
Linton Kwesi Johnson
The Melodians
Musical Youth
Peter Tosh
Raggasonic (Ragga)
Slim Smith
The Toots & The Maytals
Bob Marley is awsome, Reggae is awsome to just chill out to. Specials are awsome too, but I guess thats ska?
I dont really know much reggae stuff except for bob marley and possibly john butler but the reggae i do know is gr8
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I like Inner Circle, mainly because of the Cops theme tune. Anyone like Cops?
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa faa fa fa fa fa-fa faa

Quote by Paul Brannigan
Pie is like bread, but just with more pie in it
DeFacto...
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR

"ur a fag if you don't pronounce the lightning bolt in ac/dc"

touche. who wuzzit?

Quote by lookie here
OMG! smile_man, that was amazing.
There's nothing that's able to change my mood as much as reggae music...I love rock music, I love metal but when I'm sad and outside it's raining and I'm pissed-off there's nothing in the world like bob marley... when I hear him singing "everything's gonna be allright", he really makes me think that tomorrow's another day and life is beautyful and nothing can go wrong...I mean his songs are so sweet and straightforward that they make me feel like a baby in a cradle, they make me forgive all my problems in a second!It's just poetry, in a form accessible to all!It's just sad that people don't undersytand what it means and think about it only as a symbol of pot smoking...
ps sorry 4 grammar mistakes english is not my 1st language...O_o
Don't worry, be happy.
I love playing bass to reggae.

Bob Marley, Tosh, the Harder They Come soundtrack, etc. Good stuff.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by iLTeo86
There's nothing that's able to change my mood as much as reggae music...I love rock music, I love metal but when I'm sad and outside it's raining and I'm pissed-off there's nothing in the world like bob marley... when I hear him singing "everything's gonna be allright", he really makes me think that tomorrow's another day and life is beautyful and nothing can go wrong...I mean his songs are so sweet and straightforward that they make me feel like a baby in a cradle, they make me forgive all my problems in a second!It's just poetry, in a form accessible to all!It's just sad that people don't undersytand what it means and think about it only as a symbol of pot smoking...
ps sorry 4 grammar mistakes english is not my 1st language...O_o

I agree, i myself dont know much reggae, but of what I know of Bob Marley is just amazing.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by hardrock1315
I doubt you're the only one you know who likes reggae. Around here it's tough finding someone that doesn't like Bob Marley. I mean he's really really good, but people completely overhype him and see him in a different way than he was meant to be seen. People see him as a symbol of pot smoking, when he was really a symbol of revolution.

And for some great reggae to add to kirkisking's list, try Jimmy Cliff, Chris Murray, and the Aggrolites.

but most of the people just like bob marley because he is symbolised with smoking ganja
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Quote by Hpda5121
but most of the people just like bob marley because he is symbolised with smoking ganja

Or because his music is quite good after smoking ganja!

Though seriously I think there are alot of artists who are better than Marley out there. Bob just got lucky and got the most exposure. I still like his music, but not nearly as much as other reggae artists like some of the ones I listed earlier.
to caustic, hell yeah, the harder they come is my favorite soundtrack ever. i love reggae, it just makes me feel good. some great new reggae artists(some may say ska, but they're a lot slower than ska) are the expendables and slightly stoopid. 10 ft. ganja plant is also a great band with a lot of dubs
Quote by Hpda5121

i am most definatly one of those people
song: jah cure - love is

jah cure is a man that is in jail for rape (supposedly wrongfully accused) that records from the prison studio. he's in kingston on an 18 year sentence and writes really powerful music. great song
Viva La Resistance!

RIP Bellamy, 2/7/07. Bye little buddy.
I enjoy reggae a lot, it's really fun to jam to.

Anyone know who did the song Pressure Drop?
My Guitar
>Ibanez RG7620 (7 string)

Originally Posted by Outside Octaves
... ah, the bliss of ignorience!
i like nucleus roots

could anyone send me something from them?
i cant download it and i certainly cant buy it here

and i went to the seasplash reggea festival
Quote by 5150)Ed(5150
I enjoy reggae a lot, it's really fun to jam to.

Anyone know who did the song Pressure Drop?

Toots and the Maytals.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
reggae is actually my favorite genre after a long hard day its the best feeling to get lost in some soothing reggae melodies, cause problems seem to float away with the music.
yea! reggae is my fav genre too, Anyone here like Lucky Dube?

hes from south africa and hes really good, all of his songs are great!
I love reggae.

Especially Dub.

You cannot beat a bit a’ Lee Perry, King Tubby, The Upsetters and Augustos Pablo. And of course Sly & Robbie!