Hey, I was thinking of buying a APH-1 alnico II pro for my bridge on my les paul. I was wondering if anyone could comment on it or suggest somethign different. Mostly what i am looking for in a new PUP is chord clarity, like you can hear every note in the chord without it being muffled. Sorry I don't have the right term, and if anyone know help me out on that too haha. Anyways thanks in advance.
look into the gibson burstbuckers thats what im going to put in my lp
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Quote by ledzep1023

1)Yours is not a real Gibson
2)You have a real shiitty amp there Sir
3)Unless they are the Page custom buckers, there are far better on the market, e.g. Bare Knuckles
Quote by TimmyPage06
It has good chord clarity (comes alot from being low output)

What music do you play?

The cliche classic rock haha. Well actually, enough styles that I just want a good "rock" pick up. Thats why I just want chord clarity here, becauseI don't really have a specific genre. But i like low to mid range gain tones. Thanks for the help so far.
Quote by davedoom
3)Unless they are the Page custom buckers, there are far better on the market, e.g. Bare Knuckles

1) It's still a pretty good guitar
2) There are much worse amps than the AD50VT
3) I'll agree with you there
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by davedoom

Not everyone can afford high-end gear like you, dude. I think his setup's fine for what it is.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by statopaul_mark
The cliche classic rock haha. Well actually, enough styles that I just want a good "rock" pick up. Thats why I just want chord clarity here, becauseI don't really have a specific genre. But i like low to mid range gain tones. Thanks for the help so far.

Try the Seymour Duncan 59s. They are less smooth in sound but they have less mids. Meaning janglier cleans and more overall clarity. The APH are smooth but dont exactly have that 'jangle' that I like for Beatley stuff.

The 59 also is great for Rush, Cream, Zeppelin and.. basically any music you can think of actually.
Quote by TimmyPage06
Try the Seymour Duncan 59s. They are less smooth in sound but they have less mids. Meaning janglier cleans and more overall clarity. The APH are smooth but dont exactly have that 'jangle' that I like for Beatley stuff.

The 59 also is great for Rush, Cream, Zeppelin and.. basically any music you can think of actually.

Are 59's a more trebly sound then?
^Yes. They will be brighter, and to me they sound a bit sterile. I have to agree with your original choice here- the AIIP is a great classic rock pickup, very very vintage-sounding, clear, bluesy etc. The alnico II magnet gives it a little more sustain too. The only problem you might run into is with the neck pickup- the AIIP is pretty low output and will most likely be overpowered by whatever you have in the neck, unless it's a neck AIIP. You can always turn down the neck volume and/or lower the pickup, though.
Quote by Roc8995
^Yes. They will be brighter, and to me they sound a bit sterile. I have to agree with your original choice here- the AIIP is a great classic rock pickup, very very vintage-sounding, clear, bluesy etc. The alnico II magnet gives it a little more sustain too. The only problem you might run into is with the neck pickup- the AIIP is pretty low output and will most likely be overpowered by whatever you have in the neck, unless it's a neck AIIP. You can always turn down the neck volume and/or lower the pickup, though.

I run a humbucker form hell through the neck so is that a relatively high output pickups?
Quote by timi_hendrix
Not everyone can afford high-end gear like you, dude. I think his setup's fine for what it is.

Maybe, what im trying to get across is, that if you wanted better tone, replacing those pups and keeping that amp would be a poor choice.

Smooth sound from the A2 pups comes from a driven valve amp in the power stage, you may as well go through a POD otherwise.

Work it out!
Quote by ledzep1023

^yes do that, maby a set of 57 classic plus's too, both great pickups
Quote by statopaul_mark
I run a humbucker form hell through the neck so is that a relatively high output pickups?

uh...yeah. That's a REALLY high output pickup. What amp do you have? You might want to replace both pickups at the same time so you get a matched set.
Quote by Roc8995
uh...yeah. That's a REALLY high output pickup. What amp do you have? You might want to replace both pickups at the same time so you get a matched set.

Wrong. It's not high output at all. It's realitively low. Its meant to be crystal clear, where as high output buckers can get muddy.
Quote by TimmyPage06
Wrong. It's not high output at all. It's realitively low. Its meant to be crystal clear, where as high output buckers can get muddy.

My bad, was thinking of the dimebucker.
Should be fine with an Alnico II pro in the bridge.
Quote by Roc8995
My bad, was thinking of the dimebucker.
Should be fine with an Alnico II pro in the bridge.

Cool. So my final setup will be humbucker from hell in the neck, APH-1 in the bridge of my les paul, playing through a orange rocker 30. Right now im stoked to go get it done but im still not 100% yet.